The whole Indian highway system has gone through a massive shift in the past couple of years. There is more focus on development and convenience for people driving through.
The elements of Fast Tags have been introduced to avoid the long hours of traffic and slow down. This blog goes over what fastags are and how you can connect them to your Indian Bank account.
What is FASTag?
Fastag is a Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) tag that is used to make immediate payments. The prepaid tag is installed on the windscreen of your car and is now mandatory by the government. So when you’re driving through a toll booth, a scanner immediately scans your Fastag.
How can I Purchase my FASTag in Indian Bank?
There are two methods through which you can purchase a Fastag-
- Step 1: Go to the Indian Bank Website and search for FASTag.
- Step 2: Click on apply for the FASTag, which will open the application forum.
- step 3: Fill in the forum and make the requisite payment.
- Step 4: Your FASTag will be delivered to the address.
- Step 1: Visit your nearest Indian Bank branch and apply for a FASTag.
- Step 2: A bank representative will talk to you and give you an application forum.
- Step 3: Fill the Application Form, After that bank will issue a FASTag to you.
Also Read: What are Bulk Charges in Indian Bank?
Documents Required to issue an Indian Bank FASTag
1) You need a Registration Certificate (RC) for your vehicle.
2) You should submit an Aadhaar card and e KYC documents with the application form.
- Please keep the original documents and the photocopy of them with you at all times.
- All the documents should be under the name of the vehicle owner name.
How to Recharge Indian Bank FASTag?
Recharging a Fastag with your Indian Bank is fairly easy and convenient. Here’s a step by step guide-
- Step 1: Once you register for your FASTag, you will get a reference id and password on your mobile phone.
- Step 2: Log into your FASTag website using the Indian bank portal.
- Step 3: Once you log in, you will see the FASTag wallet and the amount remaining in it.
- Step 4: Click into it and fill in the amount you want to top up with.
- Step 5: You will see the payment portal, and it will take you to net banking.
- Step 6: Make the payment and take the screenshot of the reference for future use.
Advantages of Indian Bank FASTag
- No need for Cash: Paying at the Tollbooth is a hassle, constantly requiring change all the time. You can say goodbye to it all, as it is a cashless process. In the time of Corona, it means safety for you and your loved ones.
- Make payments online and keep track: Are you constantly traveling back and forth through toll booths? It is important to keep track of the costs that are getting incurred. Make easy recharge online and ensure you do not get squeezed out of your hard-earned cash.
- Get possible discounts: Indian banks are running promotional cashback offers all the time, and you can take advantage of them.
Fastag’s ensure that your journey goes by faster than ever and there are never any hiccups. Blaze through toll booths like they are a thing of the past and be on the fastest lane possible. Indian bank ensures your Fastag recharge is smooth as silk and informs you through SMS when your account runs low.