When you open a bank account with Indian Bank, savings, current or overdraft account, the bank issues a debit card of your choice. But to use it, you need to first activate it by generating your card’s PIN.
Earlier, Indian Bank used to send PIN mailers with the debit card and PIN concealed by scratch panels. But now, this method is replaced with the Green PIN method, which has made the process convenient, straightforward and more secure. It also promotes digital banking.
Indian Bank provides many methods to generate the ATM PIN and activate your debit card at your convenience within a few minutes. Following are the ways to activate your card, along with an elaboration of the entire process:-
How to Activate Indian Bank ATM card by Using ATM?
Indian Bank customers can visit a nearby Indian Bank ATM to generate a PIN and activate your card. The steps for this process are as follows:-
- Visit your nearby Indian Bank ATM.
- Insert the Indian Bank ATM card in the card slot of the ATM.
- Select your preferred language.
- Select “Generate/set PIN“.
- Select “Generate OTP“.
- Enter your Indian Bank account number and re-enter it in the confirmation process.
- Select “Yes“, and your registered mobile number and Indian Bank Account will be linked to your debit card.
- Your name and bank details will be displayed on the screen, masked, for your verification.
- If all details are right, then enter the OTP sent to your registered mobile number.
- Type in the four-digit Indian Bank ATM PIN of your choice.
- Re-enter it to confirm your choice of ATM PIN.
- Select ‘Confirm” to confirm your choice and activate your Indian Bank ATM card.
You’ll receive a notification message for the activation of your debit card from the Indian Bank. You’ll be able to make offline and online transactions with your card across India post its activation.
Also Read: How to Generate Indian Bank ATM PIN?
How to Activate Indian Bank ATM card via IVR?
Indian Bank customers can activate their ATM cards via Interactive Voice Response (IVR) phone banking facility by following the following steps:
- Call national IVR toll-free numbers of Indian Bank (1800 425 00 000, 1800 425 4422) with the mobile number registered with the Indian bank.
- Select your preferred language.
- Follow the instructions to select the option “ATM and Prepaid Card Services.”
- Select the option to generate the ATM PIN.
- You’ll be required to enter your 16-digit debit card number. Enter it & confirm.
- After confirmation is completed, you’ll receive a text with an OTP, valid for two days. Within that duration, visit your nearby Indian Bank ATM to generate your debit card PIN.
How to Activate Indian Bank ATM Card via SMS?
Indian Bank account holders can also generate their card’s ATM PIN and activate it via SMS with the following steps:
- Send an SMS from your registered mobile number in the format- PIN ABCD EFGH.
- In place of ABCD, you’re required to enter the last four digits of your Indian Bank ATM card number.
- In place of EFGH, you’re required to enter the last four digits of your Indian Bank account number.
- Send the SMS, and you’ll receive an OTP on that registered mobile number. The validity of the OTP is of 2 days, and you’re required to visit your nearby Indian Bank ATM to generate your debit card PIN.
Note: Make sure you visit and use only Indian Bank ATMs. ATM machine of any other bank will not help you activate your card by generating your ATM PIN.
Also Read: Indian Bank DD charges
How to Activate Indian Bank ATM card via Internet Banking?
You can activate your Indian Bank ATM card online with the following steps:
- Log in to your net banking account.
- Find & select the option Card PIN in the main menu.
- Go to the Debit Card PIN section & click on Generate PIN.
- Select Debit Card and enter the 16-digit Indian Bank ATM card number and CVV in the respective slots.
- Enter the grid number present on the back of the card and generate a 4-digit OTP.
- You’ll receive the OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter it and click on Submit.
- Type the ATM PIN of your choice, re-enter to confirm and select OK.
You’ll receive the confirmation of PIN generation on the screen of your net banking account along with notifications on your registered mobile number & email-id.
Using the above steps, you can easily generate an ATM PIN & activate your Indian Bank ATM card. Make sure you don’t share your ATM PIN & CVV with anybody. Also, frequently change your ATM PIN to keep your account secure.