You might have been asked several times to submit your account statement when you have applied for any credit card services, loan, or whenever you changed your job. But, have you ever thought about what significance it has? Why is it so important?
In this article, you will learn about the importance of the Indian bank account statement and its uses. But, before we jump deeper into it. First, it’s important to know what exactly the bank statement is? And what is included in the Indian Bank account statement?
What Is An Indian Bank Account Statement?
An Indian bank account statement is a financial document representing all the transactions in a given time, whether how much payment you have received or transferred.
It shows all the transaction details in one place, which every bank usually provides. Thus, you can track your monthly transactions history by using an Indian bank statement.
What Is Included On An Indian Bank Account Statement?
- It includes how much amount you have in your bank account at the beginning and the end of the month.
- The bank statement also includes the interest amount you have earned on your account balance.
- An account statement shows if any service charges have been deducted or fines charged on your bank account.
- It also shows the transaction details if you have withdrawn or deposited cash or cheque.
- The bank statement contains the account details, account holder’s personal information and the transactions summary.
How To Get Indian Bank Account Statement Online?
Steps to get an Indian Bank Account Statement:
- Step 1: Go to Indian Bank Netbanking Website
- Step 2: Login with user id and password.
- Step 3: Here, you have to click on the “statements of account” option.
- Step 4: Now, you have to fill in your account number in the first rectangle box asking for ‘Account.’
- Step 4: Then in the second rectangular box, you will find a calendar button, click on it and select the date range like how old an account statement you want to see. Suppose you want to see the account statement for March and April. Then, by clicking on the calendar option, choose your month and year. Let’s say March and then 2021. Remember, it is from the date.
- Step 5: Now, select the date up to you want to see the statement. Here, we have to see the statement by 31 April 2021. So, choose the month of April and the year 2021 and then choose the date of 31 April.
- Step 6: Then it will ask you format type whether in which file format you want to download. You can select anyone but prefer doc, pdf, or XLS.
- Step 7: Lastly, it will be showing two options of Schedule or Instant. It means you can download your statement in the schedule mode too. Just click on schedule and select your date. Then it will be downloaded on that particular date you have scheduled for. But, if you wish to download instant, then select the “Instant” option to download within a second.
- Step 8: Finally, press the “download” option. The statement will be downloaded successfully.
If you want your account statement offline then, you will have to visit the branch and the bank representative to provide you with a hard copy of your statement. Otherwise, you can visit an ATM if you are using a debit card.
Through an ATM, you can only print a mini statement that will show you the maximum last ten transactions history. Usually, the mini statement is different from the bank statement by using the Indian bank online service, and you can download your last 1-year statement too.