If you are looking for the most suitable best debit card for you. Congratulations you have stumbled upon the correct article. We will answer all your questions related to Debit cards, their features, and usage in this article. This list includes the best debit cards in India based on their daily cash limits, features, and deals.
Debit cards can prove to be extremely convenient when purchasing goods or making cashless transactions at a merchant’s place. Debit cards avail access to all domestic ATMs. Debit cards are far more accessible than carrying cash.
After demonetization in 2016, steps taken by the Government of India to promote cashless transactions are making every cashless system better. Along with this, the popularity of debit cards is also increasing.
Now people can withdraw their money from ATMs with the help of their debit cards without having to stand in long queues of banks.
Here, we have tried to list down the best debit cards in India delivered by the best banks in India.
What Is A Debit Card?
These are the dedicated payment cards issued by banks. Debit Cards help you in withdrawing cash from ATMs and making purchases.
You can quickly transfer funds. Debit cards are also called “cheque cards”, as they avail of withdrawing cash from ATMs, making transactions in the merchant’s place. You can access a debit card by using a PIN (personal identity number).
Who Needs A Debit Card?
Debit Cards can be issued to any account holder of any recognized bank.
Minors can not have a debit card. They are not bank holders. In that case, the guardian will have access to the debit card of the same account but those debit cards are subjected to few restrictions.
Pros And Cons Of Debit Cards
Pros Of Debit Cards
- A transaction with a debit card is far safer than cash and cheque. There is a fear of theft or losing money when carrying cash around. You are safe with debit cards as long as you don’t disclose your PIN to someone else.
- Unlike cheques, the transactions are fast.
- Debit cards can be issued to anyone. Debit cards do not raise your debt.
- Debit cards are far handier than cash.
Cons Of Debit Cards
- Cardholders can withdraw only limited cash from ATMs that are Rs. 40,000 to Rs. 300000 per day.
- You have a condition of expense and payments depending upon the amount of money deposited in your bank account.
15 Best Debit Cards In India
*This list includes 15 best debit cards in India. The following list of debit cards is not ranking-based.
1) IDBI Visa Signature Debit Card
- IDBI Debit Card is powered by Visa payment gateway.
- IDBI Debit card has an inviting reward rate of 0.75%.
- The annual fee of the debit card is Rs. 799 + GST.
- IDBI debit cards provide access to free airport lounges and various discounts on shopping, lifestyle, and spa, gym subscriptions.
- Cardholders can withdraw an amount of Rs. 300,000 per day and purchase a limit of Rs. 500,000 per day.
- IDBI Visa Signature Debit Card is one of the best debit cards in India with a decent reward rate and high withdrawal limit.
2) Yes Bank Prosperity Platinum Debit Card
- Yes bank charges an amount of Rs. 599 + GST.
- Its reward rate is 0.125%.
- The card proposes a high withdrawal limit of Rs. 2 lakhs.
- The debit card gives access to various 15 lakh domestic ATMs.
- This card offers you discounts on movie tickets, dining, shopping, travel, entertainment, and more.
- It avails access to various Indian airport lounges.
3) Axis Burgundy World Debit Card
- Bank does not charge any annual fee on this debit card.
- Its reward rate is 1%.
- It has a high cash withdrawal limit of Rs. 300000 per day.
- The debit card provides personal accident insurance coverage.
- It has a zero fuel surcharge.
- It offers access to various airport lounges across India.
- Axis Burgundy World Debit Card offers you various discounts and offers various discounts and offers at hotels, restaurants, movie tickets, and many more. It is one of the best debit cards issued by Axis bank.
4) Bank Of India Rupay Platinum Debit Card
- The debit card charges an amount of Rs. 200 + GST yearly.
- This debit card is based on Rupay payment technology.
- It is accessible in both domestic and international locations.
- With a medium withdrawal limit of Rs. 50000 and online transactions of Rs. 100000 this card manages to enter in our top 15 Debit Card list.
- It also provides up to 5% straight cashback offers on bar deals.
- This is the best deal you can beg. We surely give you a thumbs up for this best debit card.
5) DCB Bank Cashback Debit Card
- DCB does not charge any annual fee.
- It has a reward rate of 1.6%.
- The debit card supports CRED and Mutual fund transactions.
- It offers unlimited access to VISA ATMs.
- The debit card offers a flat 1.6% cashback on various deals.
- With a high reward rate, DCB bank offers you one of the best debit cards.
6) IDFC First Visa Signature Debit Card
- IDFC debit card offers a low cash withdrawal limit of Rs. 10,000 but the bank charges no annual fee for the debit card.
- It offers cashback on activation but does not offer any rewards.
- It offers discounts on movie tickets on Bookmyshow.
- It allows access to complimentary airport inns.
- It provides you insurance coverage on personal accidents.
- Cardholders receive several exciting deals and discounts in hotels, restaurants, spas, and lifestyle subscriptions.
7) IndusInd Bank Signature Exclude Debit Card
- It offers a daily limit of Rs. 200,000 on ATMs and Rs. 400,000 on point of sale.
- Bank Charges Rs. 0 annual fees for the debit card.
- The debit card offers a decent reward rate of 0.35% – 2% on multiple levels.
- It also offers a Buy 1 Get 1 deal on Bookmyshow.
- It has a 0% currency markup.
- It also offers personal accident insurance.
- IndusInd bank offers you this little package of exciting deals and offers. No doubt, this debit card is on this list of the best debit cards in India.
8) SBI Platinum International Debit Card
- The institution charges an annual amount of Rs 175 + GST.
- SBI hardly has 5-6 debit cards with any international facilities.
- This card comes with both VISA and MASTERCARD payment gateways.
- It can be used for both domestic and international purposes.
- It offers you an internet payment option for movie tickets, online purchases.
- They offer complimentary access to airport lounges.
- This card offers high limits on cash withdrawal and point of sale payments at the merchant’s place.
9) Kotak Bank PayShopMore International Chip Debit Card
- Bank charges a high fee of Rs. 750 + GST yearly, but this card is worth it and features richness.
- The debit card uses the VISA gateway for payments.
- It gives regular cashback offers.
- Cardholders can customize the look of their debit card according to their preferences.
- It avails access to both domestic and international airport lounges.
- For those who travel a lot and do regular online payments, this may be the best debit card for you. It is one of the best debit cards available in the market.
- It is one of the best deals available in the market right now.
- It charges an amount of Rs. 599 + GST per annum and is reasonable to the features and deals this card offers.
- This debit card is powered by a VISA gateway for payments.
- With a high withdrawal limit of Rs. 100,000 (domestic) and Rs. 200,000 (international), this debit card is a golden hen.
- For movie geeks, this card is the best debit card as this offers discounts on movie tickets in Inox, Carnival Cinemas, and Bookmyshow.
11) Citi Priority World Debit Card
- Citi Priority World Debit Card has several decent deals.
- It gives 2 reward points on every Rs. 150 spent.
- It offers a whopping deal of unlimited domestic airport lounges access.
- Those who love traveling, try to give it a shot.
- The debit card has other decent offers such as Buy 1 Get 1 on Bookmyshow, a 15% discount at restaurants, and several Golf privileges.
- It is the best debit card in India for travelers and business persons.
12) HDFC Women’s Advantage Debit Card
- HDFC bank has issued a special debit card only for women.
- This card offers 0.50% reward rates.
- It offers Rs. 200,000 of baggage insurance to the cardholder and other exciting features.
- The daily withdrawal limit of the card is Rs. 25,000 and Rs. 1.25 lacs at the merchant’s place.
13) HDFC Easy Shop Titanium Debit Card
- The HDFC debit card has a daily limit of Rs. 50,000.
- This debit card provides you access to various airport inns.
- The card offers fuel surcharge, online shopping, bills, and tickets.
- The card is based on the Mastercard gateway for payments.
- Indisputably, this the best debit card for a shopaholic.
14) Yes Bank Gold And Silver Debit Cards
- Yes Bank Gold and Silver Debit Card is a power-packed debit card issued by Yes bank.
- Their offers range from Golf Club’s subscriptions to various domestic airport lounges.
- The debit card offers a whopping deal of saving 2.5% on petroleum transactions.
- The card has a daily cash withdrawal limit of Rs. 75 thousand.
- This debit card also covers personal accidents of Rs. 500,000.
15) Canara Platinum Debit Card
- It is a premium debit card issued by Canara bank.
- Cardholders who can maintain a quarterly balance of Rs. 1 lakh can apply for this debit card.
- This card offers a rare offer – Emergency Medical Assistance that gives you information on doctors, hospitals, and clinics, which makes it a highly recommended and the best debit card among its competitors.
- Usually, cards are offered to the top-notch customers of the bank.
You might find yourself a massive assortment of bank cards to select from, as every bank provides several best debit cards in India. All the bank cards mentioned previously are preferable and best, however, it is dependent upon you personally, being a purchaser, to look at every element of this before opting to get the one. You ought to first calculate the needs you have and check for the choice that matches nearly all of these.
A transaction with a debit card is far safer than cash and cheques. You can always choose any debit card at your convenience. The wise financial strategy is to choose what you can afford. There are other options also available in the market. Lately, we have seen many cases of frauds and forgeries, one should be careful about how to use these cards more safely and securely. All the cards mentioned above are preferable and the best debit cards in India.
RuPay is a payment service system in India. RuPay is the largest payment gateway in terms of market share.
Also Read: Best Credit Cards in India
Frequently Asked Questions:
How Are Credit Cards And Debit Cards Different From Each Other?
Credit card offers you the credited money from the bank in advance, which you have to repay later. Banks charge money with interest. While, when you use a debit card, you can only use your deposited money in the bank account.
How Can You Get A Debit Card?
You can contact your bank and can request a debit card. Debit Cards can be issued to any customer of the bank. Usually, the bank issues your debit card while opening your bank account.
What If You Lose Your Debit Card?
As soon as possible, contact your bank and ask to block your debit card. After validating your identity, the bank will block your card. You should also report to the police station for the same.
How Many Days Does It Take To Get A New Debit Card?
Approximately, in the following 7 working days, the bank will issue a new card after applying.
What Is A Payment Gateway?
A payment gateway is an online payment’s service that, which is incorporated with the e-commerce platform, is composed as the channel to make and receive payments.