Does your VMware Workstation run smoothly?
Are you having any difficulties while running the VMware workstation?
Maybe you are seeing this error message when trying to open it, “VMware Workstation failed to start the VMware Authorization Service, You can try manually starting the VMware Authorization Service, If this problem persists contact VMware support.”
If you are seeing this error message then you are not the only one as many other users have also seen this message and successfully solve the issue.
You can also do that by following our guide here.
In this article, we will be going over the reasons why your VMware workstation is failing to start the authorization service and what you can do to fix it.
What Causes VMware Workstation Failed To Start The VMware Authorization Service?
When you are seeing the error message of VMware Workstation failed to start authorization service then it means the authorization service of VMware is somehow getting denied to start the system or is currently incapable of starting it.
The team of VMware has stated that this can occur when the VMware workstation does not have the administrator rights to start the authorization services.
There can also be some kind of issue with your user control that is denying the authorization service for VMware.
Whatever the case is you can always solve the issue by following our fixes in the section below.
How To Fix VMware Workstation Failed To Start The VMware Authorization Service?
In this section, we will be looking at the fixes that can help fix the issue of VMware workstation Authorization failing to start.
1. Repair The VMware Workstation Software
The first fix that you can try is to repair the software of the VMware workstation.
If somehow the files in the software have been corrupted then it is possible that is why VMware is unable to run the authorization service in your system.
To repair the files please follow the steps below.
- Type Control Panel in the Windows search bar and press Enter.
- Next. go to Programs.
- Open Programs and Features.
- Right-click on VMware Workstation.
- Select Repair.
- Restart your Computer.
2. Run VMware Workstation As An Administrator
You can also try to run VMware as an administrator and then check if that solved the issue.
You can easily do that by going to the VMware workstation icon on your desktop.
However, if you can not find the icon on your desktop then go to the search bar and type VMware Workstation.
Now right-click on it and select the option Run as administrator.
Check whether you are still getting the error of authorization service in your system.
3. Start VMware Authorization Service Via Services
If VMware fails to start the services by itself then you can manually start the service by going to the Service window of your system.
Follow the steps below to easily do that.
- Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialogue.
- Type services.msc and then press Enter to open services.
- If a confirmation is needed then click on Yes.
- Navigate to VMware Authorization Service and right-click on it.
- Select Properties from the options.
- In the General tab, Select Startup type to Automatic and make sure the Server status is Running.
- Click on Apply and then close the window.
4. Start VMware Authorization Service Via System
You can also start your VMware authorization service by using the system.
To do that just follow the steps below.
- Open the Run box by pressing Windows + R.
- Type msconfig in the box and press Enter.
- Now, you will be able to open System Configuration.
- Go to the Services tab and navigate to VMware Authorization Service.
- Check the box and click on Apply.
5. Prevent UAC From Refusing Admin Access
This type of error can also occur in your system if the service requests are getting denied when asked for admin privileges.
In most cases, this kind of situation occurs if the user control settings are too severely configured.
Below, we have listed the steps that will help you to loosen your user account settings and stop the service requests from getting denied.
- Press Windows key + R to open up a Run dialogue box.
- Type useraccountcontrolsettings in the box and press Enter.
- Now that you have opened the User Account Control Settings, set the slider to any one of the two values down below.
- Click on OK and confirm the prompt.
- Restart your Computer.
6. Contact VMware Support Team
After you have gone through all the fixes given in this section, you should be able to fix the issue where you are unable to open VMware Workstation due to the authorization service failure.
However, if you are still unable to start it then please contact the VMware Support Team and they should be able to guide you.
- How To Fix “Windows Could Not Start The VGC Service On Local Computer Error 1 Incorrect Function” Error
- How To Fix EA Background Services Have Been Disabled Preventing The App From Starting
- How To Fix Minecraft Launcher Error Code 0x87e50038
- How To Fix “NetSupport Your Demonstration Period Has Expired” Popup
- How To Fix Microsoft VBScript Runtime Error 800a0046 Permission Denied