The wmiacpi.sys blue screen error is a common issue faced by Lenovo laptop users.
This error can cause your device to crash and restart, leading to frustration and inconvenience.
The wmiacpi.sys error can be caused by various factors, such as outdated BIOS, corrupted system files, or issues with Lenovo Vantage.
In this blog post, we will provide detailed steps to help you fix the wmiacpi.sys blue screen error on your Lenovo laptop.
How To Fix Wmiacpi.sys Blue Screen Error On Lenovo
To fix the wmiacpi.sys blue screen error on a Lenovo laptop, you can follow below steps:
1. Update BIOS
Some users have reported that updating the BIOS helped resolve the issue.
- Visit the Lenovo Support website.
- Navigate to the “Drivers and Software” section for your specific PC model.
- Download and install the latest BIOS update for your Lenovo laptop.
2. Uninstall Lenovo Vantage
There are reports of Lenovo Vantage causing blue screen errors.
- Open the Control Panel on your laptop.
- Click on “Add or Remove Programs.”
- Find “Lenovo Vantage” and “Lenivo Vantage Service” in the list of installed programs.
- Select each program and click “Uninstall” to remove them from your system.
3. Check For Windows Updates
Ensuring that your Windows operating system is up to date with the latest updates can also help resolve the wmiacpi.sys blue screen error.
- Open the Settings app in Windows.
- Go to “Update & Security.”
- Click on “Check for updates” and install any available updates for your system.
4. Run System File Checker (SFC) And DISM
Running these built-in Windows tools can help repair corrupted system files, which may be causing the blue screen error.
- Open the Command Prompt as an administrator.
- To run the SFC scan, type
sfc /scannowand press Enter.
- Once the SFC scan is complete, run the DISM command by typing
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthand pressing Enter.
5. Check For Driver Updates
Ensure that all your device drivers are up to date. You can do this through the Device Manager in Windows.
- Right-click on the Start button and select “Device Manager.”
- Go through the list of devices and right-click on each one, selecting “Update driver” and then “Search automatically for updated driver software.”
By following these steps, you can troubleshoot and resolve the wmiacpi.sys blue screen error on your Lenovo laptop.
If the issue persists, it may be helpful to reach out to Lenovo support for further assistance.