Are you having trouble operating your Cricut machine due to the error message “Machine Communication Error, There was an issue communicating with your Cricut machine, If this error persists please contact customer care at 1-877-7-CRICUT“?
If so, you are not alone.
This error message is a common problem faced by many Cricut users.
However, the good news is that there are several solutions that can help you resolve the issue.
In this comprehensive guide, we will discuss the reasons why you might be facing the machine communication error and what you can do to solve it.
What Causes “Machine Communication Error” On Cricut
Before we dive into the solutions, let’s understand the reasons why you might be facing the machine communication error.
There can be several reasons why you are seeing this error message when you are trying to operate your Cricut machine, and some of the most common reasons are listed below.
- Wires are not Connected Properly
- Cricut is not Updated in the Device
- Incompatible Devices
- Poor Internet Connection
How To Fix “Machine Communication Error” On Cricut
Now that you are aware of the reasons why you might be facing the machine communication error, let’s look at the solutions that can help you resolve the issue.
1. Unpair & Repair Your Cricut Machine
The first solution that you should try is unpairing and repairing your Cricut machine.
This is a simple troubleshooting solution that can stop the error from happening. Here’s how you can do it:
- Save the project
- Close the Cricut Design Space Application.
- Open your phone settings and unpair the Cricut machine.
- Wait for some time and then re-pair your Cricut machine.
- Launch the Cricut Design Space app.
Note: This solution is for phone users. If you are having an error in your computer, please see the other solutions below.
2. Contact Customer Care Number
As mentioned in the error message, you can contact customer care by calling the number 1-877-7-CRICUT if your error does not disappear even after troubleshooting it.
The customer care team will be more than happy to assist you and resolve any issues you may have with your Cricut machine.
3. Download The Latest Version Of Cricut And Install It
You should always run the updated firmware of Cricut in your system so that you don’t get any errors.
Cricut always updates its firmware regularly.
If you are getting any errors then first uninstall Cricut from your system and then download Cricut again and install it.
You can uninstall Cricut by going to the Control Panel >> select, Uninstall an app >> right-click Cricut and then choose Uninstall.
4. Restart Your PC
You can also restart your computer if uninstalling and reinstalling Cricut does not solve it.
If you still see the error even after that then please follow the solutions below.
5. Clear Browsing Data
The next solution that you can try is to clear the browsing data and Cache of your Browser and check if that solves the issue.
To do that follow the steps below.
- Go to Chrome and click on three dots in the top right hand corner.
- Select More Apps from the menu.
- Choose Clear browsing data from the options opened.
- Now select all the boxes that you want to delete the data about and select Clear Data.
6. Check The Internet Connection
You should also check the internet connections to make sure that they are not unstable or slow.
You can easily check the speed of the connection by running a speed test on Google.
You can also check whether the connection is good by alternating it with another connection.
If you find any issue you have to contact the local service provider to fix the issue.
7. Contact Cricut Help Center
After you have tried all these options and yet you are unable to operate Cricut and are seeing the error message, “Machine Communication Error.
There was an issue communicating with your Cricut machine.
If this error persists please contact customer care at 1-877-7-CRICUT.” then we recommend that you contact the Cricut help centre.
- Go to https://help.cricut.com/hc/en-us
- Navigate to the bottom right-hand corner and click on the chat option.
- Write down your problem and click on send.
Someone will get back to you fast to resolve your issue.