More than 380 million people are using Paytm and maybe you are also one of them. Every day millions of people are transacting money using this digital platform. But do you know, there is also a Paytm Postpaid Account?
Paytm Postpaid is a significant trait of Paytm itself, under which Paytm delivers postpaid digital credit service to the users. Using the facility of a Paytm postpaid account, you can purchase stuff on credit through Paytm.
You can also recharge your phone and pay any kind of bill through this service. At times when you don’t have sufficient money in your account using the Paytm postpaid service, you can do online money transactions without paying the amount previously.
Here you have to pay the due amount later and the Paytm Postpaid service also provides you with a credit margin and you can’t use more money than that.
Paytm Postpaid Credit Limit
In Paytm postpaid digital service, it offers customers to spend up to Rupees 60,000, which they have to pay within the 7th of next month, and Paytm also will not charge any kind of interest for this. But in case the customer doesn’t release the dues within the due date, then he or she has to pay extra interest for it.
Step to Deactivate / Turn Off Paytm Postpaid:
If you want to turn off or deactivate the Paytm Postpaid digital credit service, then you need to follow the below-mentioned process, which is a very easy, quick, and hassle-free postpaid deactivation process.
- Step 1: First of all, you have to open the Paytm application, and click on the three parallel lines placed on the top left corner of the home page.
- Step 2: When you click on that icon a sidebar with several options will come up. From that list, you need to find the one with the name, “Help & Support 24×7 Customer Support” and click on that option.
- Step 3: After that, a whole new page under the tabs “Paytm 24×7 Help” will open. Now, You have to scroll down the page and at the bottom segment of the page, you will see an option called, “Contact24×7 Help” and next you need to click on it.
- Step 4: Now on this page, you will see different “customer care numbers” and “Message Us” options related to the Paytm service. Here the first option you will see is “Banks, Wallets & Payments” and you have to call the number mentioned under this option.
- Step 5: Now, tell the customer care executive that you wish to deactivate your Paytm postpaid account and also tell them the proper reason regarding your decision.
After following the above steps, your request will be processed and your Paytm Postpaid account will be deactivated and eventually closed.
But, here one thing that you need to make sure is that you don’t have any pending dues, otherwise your Paytm postpaid account will not be deactivated.
You also have to give a proper reason regarding the deactivation request. However if in the future, you will think of reactivating your Paytm postpaid account, you can also do it easily and there is no restriction imposed by Paytm regarding postpaid reactivation.