India is going through the continuous revolution of digitalization in recent years and the impact of this process is also visible in the money transaction method of today’s daily life. Nowadays India is leaning more towards a cashless economy. As a result, UPI has become a widely used and well-known mode of payment.
What is UPI?
The full form of UPI is Unified Payment Interface and it is a real-time digital payment method in India. UPI is a 4-6 digit secret code that enables you to transfer money. You can simply make UPI payments by using your phone.
All you need here is a mobile number that is linked with your bank account and an internet connection to conduct the method.UPI enables you to manage multiple bank accounts through a single App.
This system was inaugurated by the National Payment Corporation of India(NPCI )with 21 member banks and later different banks began to upload UPI promoted apps in the app stores.
The UPI method system made our life easier than before. As now to accept payments all you have to share is your mobile number or a QR code. There is no need to take the hassle of sharing your bank account details at all.
Several UPI Applications are operating different types of UPI IDs and handlers, which are linked with your Bank accounts, and to accept a payment you must know your UPI ID, for that particular UPI application.
However, here in this article, we will comprehend different points regarding UPI ID, like”What is my UPI ID and how you can find your UPI ID in various UPI applications.
What is My UPI ID?
Along with the mobile payment application Bharat Interface for Money or BHIM, now different banks are also showing up with their own UPI applications. There are also more than 5O different third-party applications that are performing under the UPI system.
Almost 216 banks have collaborated with various UPI platforms. Some of the most popular and widely used third-party applications are Paytm, Phonepe, and Google Pay.
All these UPI applications have worked together with some of the banks to conduct the UPI transactions. To use the UPI Handle of those banks like @oksbi, @okaxis, @okhdfc, @ybI, @paytm, etc.
UPI Id is something that you need to share with your close ones or customers while transferring funds. Mostly these IDs start with your mobile number and then followed by ”@” and then the code of the app you are using.
For illustration, in Paytm your UPI ID will look like “XXXXXXXXXX@paytm”, but you can also change and create your UPI ID. So, as we already discussed, to receive a payment from someone first you have to find your UPI Id for the specific UPI app you are using and then share it with that person, that’s why let’s know how to find your UPI ID in some of the extensively used UPI applications.
How To Find UPI ID In The Paytm App?
With over 380 million users Paytm is the largest UPI app in India. It enables you to send money to & from the bank account. This is conducted by a simple UPI Id and a 4-digit UPI code. This indeed is a quick, easy and safe method of money transfer. And, here to originate a new UPI ID you need to link your bank account with your Paytm account. Furthermore, Paytm also allows you to link multiple bank accounts to your Paytm account.
Process of finding UPI ID in Paytm:
- Process 1: Just open your Paytm application on your phone. On the front page you will be able to view your UPI ID by the side of the heading named “My Paytm”. The UPI ID is yourphonenumber@paytm and you can also change it later.
- Process 2: Open the Paytm application on your phone and click on your profile picture placed on the left corner of the home page and you will see your UPI ID under your profile picture and name.
How to find UPI ID in Google Pay app?
Google Pay is the safest third-party UPI application. It assists you to transfer funds quickly and easily by using the Unified payment interface. But as we already discussed, to receive payment to your account you have to share your UPI ID. As this is a kind of address that specifies you on UPI. To conduct that, first you need to know how to find your UPI ID In Google Pay.
Process of finding UPI ID on Google Pay:
- Step 1: First open the Google Pay application on your phone and click on your profile picture placed on the right corner of the home page.
- Step 2: Next you have to click on the “Bank Account” and accordingly tap on the bank account, whose UPI ID you are looking for.
- Step 3: Now, you will be able to see the allied UPI ID, under the option called “UPI IDs” and typically it will be yourname@TheBankName.
How to find your UPI ID in the Phonepe app?
PhonePe is one of the commonly used UPI-based digital platforms in India. This application enables you to register your bank accounts to your smartphone in a secure way through encrypted software. This UPI app benefits you to transact money from your bank account to another account without sharing any bank details.
Process of finding your UPI ID in the Phonepe applications:
- Step 1: First you need to open the PhonePe application on your smartphone.
- Step 2: Next click on your profile picture placed on the top left corner of the home page.
- Step 3: Now you have to click on the “MY BHIM UPI ID” and you will be able to find your unique ID and it is XXXXXXXXXX@ybl.