So, are you also confused why recent tweets aren’t loading on Twitter?
Keep reading to know how to fix it.
Twitter is indeed a great social media application that provides you a space to express your thoughts and opinion.
Unlike many other social media platforms, how Twitter delivers the latest news is kind of unique.
Other than this, you can also customize the timeline as you want.
But, there are times you may not get the latest news on Twitter.
Ever Wondered Why?
Well, usually this happens when you have set your content preferences wrong.
You may have chosen to view the top tweets rather than viewing the latest tweets.
Other than this, there are also chances that the servers are not online.
If you are also unable to load the recent tweets, we have come up with some solutions for you.
To know why you may be facing this issue and how you can fix it, here is a complete guide for you.
What Does “Tweets Aren’t Loading Right Now” Mean on Twitter?
Check your internet connection, if it has trouble, try to run a troubleshooter in Windows or Mac.
If it looks like you have an internet connection but still says “tweets aren’t loading right now” try to connect a different website on your browser.
So, let’s have a glimpse at what Tweets aren’t loading.
There are times when Twitter displays this message when you are trying to post any controversial tweet.
It implies that the person who is trying to tweet the controversial message will not be able to take the backlash from the public on the tweet.
This may also lead them to delete the account or they may change the privacy settings to private.
Other than this, you can also see the message because of different reasons like the Twitter server is not working or you have changed your content preference.
To know more about why you can face the “Tweets aren’t loading” issue, Read Below:
Reasons of “Tweets Aren’t Loading Right Now” on Twitter
To resolve the issue easily, you need to be aware of the reasons for which you can face the issue.
This will also help you avoid issues in the future.
Keep reading to know more:
- The most common reason is that the Twitter servers are not online.
- If the internet connection is working slow.
- Next, the issue is common if you have chosen the content preference incorrectly.
- In case you are trying to post any controversial tweet that Twitter thinks you won’t be able to withstand the backlash.
- Other than this, if the Twitter application is not working properly on your system.
- Also, the cache memory is full and interrupting the working of Twitter.
How To Fix “Tweets Aren’t Loading Right Now on Twitter”?
If Still Having Issue with Tweets Aren’t Loading Right Now”, Now here are the 8 solutions that you can use to fix the issue.
We have also explained all the relevant steps with each method for your convenience.
Fix 1: Verify the Content Preference
As mentioned above, the issue can occur if you have not set your content preferences properly.
By default, your content preferences are set in a way that you see all the top tweets on the top and not the latest ones.
You can also change the preferences according to your choice.
Below we have explained to you the steps to verify and modify the content preference on Twitter.
- To begin with, you will have to start the Twitter application. In the application window, you will have to look for the star icon. It will then display the option of Switch Timeline.
- Now, click on the option to “See latest tweets instead”.
- When done, you will have to swipe it downwards and then refresh the page.
Fix 2: Check If Any Update Is Available
If you run an outdated version of any software, it is just a bad idea and nothing else.
There is not only security risk, but they are also not optimized up to the standards.
So, if you face any kind of issue using Twitter, verify if there is any update available for the Twitter application.
The process to update Twitter on Android and iOS is quite different.
Below we have listed the steps for both Android and iOS.
- To begin with, you will have to start the Play Store on the android device. In the play store, click on the Menu option.
- Now, you will have to click on the My Apps and games option. You will get a list of all the applications installed on the system and you will be able to see which application needs to be updated to the latest version.
- If Twitter needs to be updated, you will have to click on the Update option. Click on it and wait for the update to complete.
- On your device’s home screen, you will see the App Store icon. Click on it to open the app store.
- When done, you will have to hover to the updates option to see if there is any update present.
- Now, if you see the update option beside the icon of Twitter, click on it. Wait till the process completes.
When the update will complete, start the Twitter application on the system and then refresh the timeline.
Check if you can load the latest tweets.
Fix 3: Disable VPN
The virtual private network is a service that provides more security and protection to your network.
It simply changes the IP address of the device to keep the IP address of your device hidden on the internet.
Moreover, it will also redirect the data to any of the filters to check to protect all your sensitive information.
But, there are times when the process will take some time.
So, if you are not able to load the latest tweets, you will have to attempt to turn off the VPN service on your service.
Fix 4: Clear All Your Cookies and Cache
Almost all the browsers save some of the temporary data when you surf on the internet.
This data is saved under the cache and cookies section of your browser.
This data is utilised so that the websites load faster than you have visited earlier.
But, if you think that applications or websites like Twitter are not performing well, you can attempt to clear the cache.
The issue may occur because of corrupted or damaged cookies and cache.
To delete all the cache and cookies, go through the steps mentioned below.
- First, you will have to open your preferred browser. You will then have to press the CTRL and H keys together. It will then redirect you to the History tab on the system.
- In the history tab, you will have to tap on the clear browsing data option.
- Now, you will be required to choose the date. Under the date, tap on the All-time option.
- Before clicking on the OK button, ensure that you have chosen the Cached file and cookies option also.
- When done, clear on the Clear Data option.
- In the end, you will have to end the History window and then start Twitter.
Fix 5: Use Another Browser or Disable Extensions
Browser extensions are great if you have to add some extra functionality to your browser but, they can also interrupt the working of some websites.
So, if you are facing tweets that aren’t loading issues, you can attempt to disable the extensions.
Here is how to disable the extension.
- To begin with, start the web browser and then tap on the Settings option.
- You will then have to go to the Extensions option.
- From the menu, you will have to click on the option to turn off the browser extension.
When this is done, you will have to open Twitter again and then check if you can see the latest tweet or not.
Other than this, there are also chances that your browser is facing some issues because of which Twitter may not perform that well.
In this case, we suggest you use any other browser on the system and then check if you can load the latest tweets.
Fix 6: Verify the Internet Speed
Another reason for which you can face the issue is that there are some issues with your internet connection.
Twitter is an online platform and it does need a certain bandwidth to run smoothly on the system.
If you wish to check the speed of your internet connection, you will have to visit any speed check website.
In case you see that your network is working slow, attempt to refresh the ISP connection.
For this, you will have to start your router again.
Unplug the router from the power source and then sit back.
You will then have to wait for at least 10 seconds and then plug the cable again in the router and power cable.
When this is done, you will again have to run the speed test and check if the internet is working fine.
If it is still running slow, you will have to talk to your service provider.
Fix 7: Install Twitter Again
Some issues may be resolved by deleting the application and then installing them again on the system.
This is because it helps you fix issues if the file is corrupted or damaged in a way that it can not be fixed anymore.
Here we have listed the steps for both Android and iOS users.
Make sure to follow the steps in the same sequence according to the device that you are using.
- To begin with, you will have to go to the app drawer and then look for the Twitter application.
- You will then have to hold the icon of the application and then move it to the uninstall option.
- Now, you need to wait for the uninstallation to complete.
- On completion, you will have to start the Play Store and then install the Twitter application.
- Now, on the home screen of your device, look at the Twitter application. Tap on the application and keep holding it.
- The pop-up menu will now appear on the screen. You will now have to choose to remove the application. Now, you will have to uninstall the Twitter application.
- When done, you will have to start the App Store and then install Twitter again.
Fix 8: Report to Twitter Support
So, if you are not able to resolve the issue on your own, you can also contact the Twitter support team.
For this, you will have to report the issue to the Twitter support team and then check the solution that they offer you.
Make sure that you add all the important information about the account so that they can help you resolve the issue efficiently.
Well, we have come to the end of this post.
We hope by now with the methods that we have mentioned, you were able to resolve the Tweets that aren’t loading issues.
If you still encounter the issue, you can comment down below and we will attempt to provide more solutions.
We hope this helped you.