Your Instagram feed has two types of posts.
The fresh Instagram posts posted by the people you follow are shown first.
Following that, you will see recommended Posts.
These are the posts Instagram recommends to you based on your activity on the platform.
If you don’t like recommend posts, you can always mark them not interested or can snooze for 30 days.
In this article, we will discus detailed guide about recommended posts on Instagram and how to snooze recommended posts on Instagram.
What Are Recommended Posts On Instagram?
Instagram’s recommended posts are typically similar to posts that you already like and follow.
For example, if you like and share a lot of finance related posts, Instagram will show or recommend you more of finance related posts to you.
When you are going through your Instagram feed and after you’ve viewed all of the most recent posts from accounts you follow, you may notice recommended posts.
According to Instagram, Recommended posts are based on your activity, your connections, information about the post and information about the account.
- Your activity: Who you follow and what posts you’ve liked, saved or commented on.
- Your connections: Your history of connecting with that account or similar accounts on Instagram.
- Information about the post: How popular the post may be, how others on Instagram are interacting with the post, when or where it was posted.
- Information about the account: How many times people have interacted with that account in the past few weeks.
How To Snooze Recommended Posts On Instagram?
Steps to Snooze Recommended Posts On Instagram:
Step 1: Go To Recommended Post In Your Feed
Open Instagram App in your phone either Android or iPhone.
After that go to any recommended post in your feed.
Step 2: Tap On Three Vertical Dots
After going to recommended post, tap on three dots which is top right corner of the post.
Step 3: Tap On Not Interested
After clicking on three dots, you will see “Why are you seeing this post?” and “Not interested“.
Now, Tap on “Not interested“.
Step 4: Select Snooze All Suggested Posts In Feed For 30 Days
After clicking on “Not interested“, you will see “Don’t suggest posts related to ****”, “Snooze all suggested posts in feed for 30 days“, “Don’t suggest posts from ****” and “This post made me uncomfortable“.
Tap on “Snooze all suggested posts in feed for 30 days“.
Step 5: Recommended Posts Will Be Snoozed For 30 Days
After clicking on “Snooze all suggested posts in feed for 30 days“, All suggested posts will be snoozed for 30 days.
If you want to undo your decision you can undo right now only.
- How To Turn ON Face And Hand Effects On Instagram?
- Fix: Instagram Search Bar Not Working
- What are Instagram Notes?
To snooze recommended posts on Instagram, First go to recommended post in your feed >> Tap on three vertical dots >> Tap on not interested >> Select snooze all suggested posts in feed for 30 days >> Recommended posts will be snoozed for 30 days.
- You can snooze recommended posts only for 30 days.
- Snooze Recommended posts might not available in all regions.
Keep in mind that the recommended posts you see in your feed are not advertisements from companies.
You may report anything that does not adhere to our Community Guidelines.