Snapchat is a popular multimedia messaging app used by millions of people around the world.
The platform’s user activity has risen dramatically recently due to the social distancing people are practicing during this Coronavirus outbreak.
Snapchat’s increasing popularity has made reverse videos the most searched question.
You can shoot photos and videos with this app and edit them to your heart’s content.
Users have access to a variety of cool filters.
Thus, if you would like to make some catchy videos, you should go with the reverse effect.
What Is ‘Reverse Filter’ On Snapchat?
Reverse Filter is a feature on the social media app Snapchat, which allows you to play back videos in reverse.
The feature shoots a video and then plays first the last scene shot in the video.
Although it’s popular, and many people like to create goofy videos with it.
A reverse filter must fulfill the following requirements:
- A reverse filter can be applied to videos recorded with Snapchat, but not to videos uploaded via your device.
- Videos shouldn’t be longer than ten seconds.
How To Reverse A Video On Snapchat?
Steps to Reverse a Video on Snapchat:
- You need to open the Snapchat app and record a quick video (less than 10 seconds) by holding the bottom camera button.
- As soon as the video is recorded, slide left on the preview until you see the reverse arrows icon (<<<).
- The video will play backwards after the filter is applied.
- You can save the video to your camera roll by selecting Save at the bottom-left side of the video.
- At the bottom right corner of the app, you’ll find a Send To button. Tap it to send your work to your friends or story.
The method described below can be used if you cannot locate the reverse filter.
Also Read: How to Make your Snapchat a Subscription?
I Don’t Have A Reverse Filter On Snapchat
If you don’t have a Reverse Filter on Snapchat then Install “Inshot” video editing software in order to be able to perform this trick.
As an alternative, you can use another video editing app if there is one similar to it.
It is however recommendable to use Inshot, because the end result will be more professional.
Google Play and the App Store both offer Inshot for download.
Before you reverse your video, please make sure that it is ready.
Record a video on your smartphone if you do not have one.
The steps for reversing a video on Inshot are as follows:
- Once the app has been installed, open it and tap on Video under CREATE NEW.
- Select the video you would like to reverse.
- Scroll down to the video timeline and tap on it.
- When the video timeline has been selected, just swipe left in the options panel.
- Click on the REVERSE (<<<) icon.
- It will take a few moments for your video to be processed.
- To view the reverse video, tap the Play icon.
- To save the video to your gallery or camera roll, tap the SAVE button in the top-right corner of the app.
- Videos that have been reversed are stored in your camera roll under the folder inshot.
Note: When you use Inshot’s free version, your video will have a watermark.
If you don’t want the watermark to appear, you need to upgrade the Inshot app to the pro version.
You can share the video on your Snapchat Story and share it with your friends.
Best Apps To Reverse Snapchat Videos (before Uploading To Snapchat)
1. Reverse Movie FX
The Reverse Movie FX app works wonders if you want to reverse your videos before uploading to Snapchat.
To begin, you must record a video.
Having recorded the movie fragment, the next step will be to select it, and then you will simply need to press start.
After this, Reverse Movie FX will assist you in reversing the video.
- Reverse Movie FX is a powerful tool that reverses any video
- The application includes beautiful animations and creative transitions
- It has an easy-to-use editing interface and timeline.
- Simply tap an option to apply a reverse effect to your video.
2. Reverse Vid
Reverse Vid is the best option for anyone who wants to reverse his video without any detraction.
The app is one of the best for reversing videos.
Reversing a video is not as difficult as you might think.
It consists of recording the video, loading it into the app, then choosing the speed.
It will show the reverse option.
Tap on the reverse button to reach your goal.
You can reverse your video quicker than you think with Reverse Vid.
Your reversed video can then be uploaded to Snapchat.
- Reverse Vid offers the fastest and easiest method for reversing videos.
- As a result of reversing a video, the app possesses the ability to play it at half speed.
- You can enhance your video’s quality with many video effects.
3. Reverse Video Master
When it comes to reversing your video quickly, the Reverse Video Master offers you an excellent option.
This program will provide you with all the features you will need to reverse your video.
Editing and flipping a video can be done quickly with it.
Beginners won’t have trouble understanding how it works.
- Your videos can be shared to YouTube by using this application.
- In addition, you can cut a video segment according to your preferences.
- It reverses videos with just a click of a button.
- There is no cost for this service.
Also Read: How to Text Someone Who Blocked You on Snapchat?
Recommended Video Editor For Snapchat: iMyFone Filme
Using a desktop is the best way to edit a Snapchat video.
It can be done using Android or iPhone, but it is much more reliable and worthwhile to do it on a desktop computer.
Firstly, your video quality will not be affected, and it won’t be a problem.
Now the question arises how you can edit on your desktop and which software you should make use of in this respect? iMyFone Filme is the only tool you need.
The program is a video editor that is capable of editing your videos according to your specifications.
There are some unique characteristics about Film that you won’t find in any other video editor
Features of iMyFone Filme:
- Fast Video Mode: Using Filme’s Fast Video mode, you can create your own amazing videos fast and easily. Choose a template that suits your occasion, such as an anniversary, birthday, or graduation. Then, just import images to create a slideshow for Snapchat using the template you selected for the video theme.
- Rich resources for stickers, transition, and filters, etc.: Filme enables you to add stickers and transitions to your video as well as add brilliant effects. Adding these effects will give your video a unique and interesting look.
- Audio Editing: The audio editing features on Filme are also quite extensive. Multiple soundtracks can be added to the timeline and sound can be edited as needed. The volume can be adjusted by trimming and splitting the sound. As an added bonus, Filme also features voice changers that can be used to change a voice with a single click.
In this article, we talked about how to make a reverse video on Snapchat.
A couple of best reverse video editors were discussed as well.
iMyFone Filme was also introduced as the best video editor.
Compared to its competitors, it has much more elegance.
Making a viral Snapchat video is easier with the help of a professional video editor.