Indian Bank is among the leading banks of the country. The bank provides all the required banking facilities to give their customers a comfortable banking experience. Customers today are enthusiastic about the easy and real-time transfer of money, facilitated by various methods, including UPI. Indian Bank provides this facility to its customers via the Indian Bank UPI app. Using UPI, people can easily send and/or receive money using their phones, and it does not even require a lot of beneficiary’ details as in NEFT & IMPS.
What is UPI in the Indian Bank?
UPI or Unified Payments Interface is unique to a customer and banks in India. The customer creates a single UPI user ID or a Virtual Payments Address (VPA) which can be linked to multiple bank accounts (Indian Bank account and other bank’s accounts). Therefore, it provides customers with access to multiple bank accounts.
UPI functions on the IMPS technology, which ensures real-time, instant money transfers. The UPI application of the Indian Bank will help you make payments to any bank in India, to any merchant at any point of a sales transaction. The UPI service is available 24×7 and can be used anytime, anywhere.
What are the features and benefits of Indian Bank UPI?
- Real-time fund transfer. No cooling time is required to make payments.
- Customers are not required to add and verify a beneficiary like in NEFT and IMPS.
- Customers are not required to share their banking data with strangers for payments.
- The registration process for Indian Bank UPI is quick and easy.
- Customers can link multiple bank accounts to this single VPA within this app. But the application also allows you to create a separate UPI PIN for each account.
- Once you’ve added your debit card, no payment will require you to take out your debit card.
- There are virtually zero costs applicable while using this service.
- Indian Bank customers can use the app to register their complaints and track their progress using the complaint ID.
- Customers can remove their linked bank accounts to their UPI ID anytime.
- Customers can discontinue their registration anytime.
- Customers can also manage and delete payment addresses.
- There’s no set minimum limit for a transaction, while for maximum, it is ₹25,000 per transaction and ₹1,00,000 per day.
- Indian Bank UPI application provides a secure payment gateway. It works on the single click authentication factor and provides the UPI PIN for each transaction through the portal.
- Many transactions can be handled using UPI. These include managing the Indian bank account and other accounts registered with your UPI, paying utility bills, setting payment reminders, getting a detailed history of transactions, starting a new Fixed Deposit, fund transfer using QR codes, etc.
What are the Prerequisites for an Indian Bank UPI?
- A valid and active mobile number registered with your account in the Indian Bank.
- Your account (any account type) in the Indian Bank should be active.
- An android smartphone and internet connectivity.
- Active debit card of the respective Indian Bank account that is to be linked to the UPI account.
How to Register for Indian Bank UPI?
- Download the Indian Bank UPI application from the play store.
- Open the App.
- Select your preferred language.
- Tap on send SMS, which is to verify your mobile number.
- Post verification, your profile registration page will open, and you have to provide the required details.
- After filling in your details, create your user name for your UPI account and set a 4-digit password.
- Your UPI ID is created. Now, you are required to link your account to this ID.
- To link, provide the last 6 digits of the bank account’s debit card you wish to link with your UPI ID.
After successfully creating the UPI ID and adding your Indian Bank account with the UPI, you’ll receive a confirmation text. Once you get the notification, you’re free to carry out transactions facilitated by the Indian Bank UPI.
How to Transfer Funds using the Indian Bank UPI?
- Open the Indian Bank UPI application.
- Login to your account using your 6-digit password.
- Select “Pay.”
- Select the VPA of the beneficiary.
- Enter the amount to be sent and the account from which the amount is to be debited.
- Enter your UPI PIN and select Submit.
You will be notified confirming the success (or failure) of your transaction.
Also Read: Is Indian Bank Private or Government?
How to Receive Funds using the Indian Bank UPI?
- Open the Indian Bank UPI application.
- Login to your account using the 6-digit password.
- Select “collect.”
- Provide your VPA to the remitter.
- Enter the amount to be received and select the respective account in which the amount is to be credited. This will initiate a collect request, and you need to enter the deadline within which the payment has to be made by the remitter.
- Enter your UPI PIN.
The sender will approve the request and transfer funds. You will be notified about the success (or failure) of the transaction.
Indian Bank UPI not Working
Very rarely, you can face issues such as the app is not starting or you’re not able to make a successful transaction. There are several reasons due to which the Indian Bank UPI can fail. A few probable reasons are as follows:
- The Indian Bank UPI app can be under maintenance, so you’ll need to wait for some time.
- The server is busy or down, and you’ll have to wait for some time.
- The app is not updated, so you’re required to update the app.
- Your internet connection might be weak, so get a good internet connection.
- Update your device, check your date and time settings, software updates, etc.
- Check your GPS settings.
If none of these reasons is applicable, get in touch with the Indian Bank UPI team to resolve your issues. The number is toll-free and available 24×7: 1800-4250-0000.
Indian Bank is among the banks which remain in the front in providing all the latest banking facilities to their customers with enough security for their convenience. Indian Bank UPI application helps in facilitating their customers to make digital transactions.
The customers can easily make fund transfers in real-time. Moreover, they also manage to provide added banking facilities on the application to manage their Indian Bank accounts remotely. These facilities provide a happy banking experience to their customers.