While updating or downloading a specific application through the play store you might face a “This app is no longer compatible with your device” Error which will restrict you from updating your app. This usually happens whenever a certain application is not compatible with the current Android version you are using.
With this error encountered on your device, you will not be able to download or install the application. You might please this error whenever you try to download the latest application or the latest update for the existing application.
What Does “This App Is No Longer Compatible With Your Device” Mean?
“This app is no longer compatible with your device” mean that the application you are trying to download is no more available in your area or is not designed according to the size of the screen of your device.
This is one of the most common errors faced by users while Updating an existing application or downloading a new one. This error message is displayed on the play store, after which you are no longer able to download the application.
There can be various reasons why you are not able to download this application on your device. One of the major reasons behind this error is that the Android version required to run this application does not match the one you are using on your device.
Once this error is encountered on your device for a specific application, the install button will disappear, and you will not be able to download or install the application on your device.
This error does not depict an internal error in the new device but can be resolved with a few troubleshooting methods.
Why This App Is No Longer Compatible With Your Device?
This app is no longer compatible with your device is an error caused due to several reasons, including your latest Android version, your geographical location, and device specifications.
Following are the reasons why you are not able to download and install a specific application on your device:
- The current update of the application is not compatible with the Android version you are using on your device
- the design of the game makes it unsuitable for your Device specifications, such as screen size
- The current version of the application is not suitable for your geographical location, and it is not still made available in your location
- If your device configurations do not match the design and layout of the application
Any of the up-listed technical factors can result in this error.
How To Fix “This App Is No Longer Compatible With Your Device“?
By using easy troubleshooting methods, you can fix “This app Is no longer compatible with your device.” The most efficient and accurate troubleshooting methods are listed below:
Fix 1: Clear App Cache Data
One of the main reasons why the Google Play store is not allowing you to install a certain application is due to cache data. Follow the steps listed below to clear Your Google Play store cache data.
- First of all, open the Settings application on your device
- Now click on the apps option
- then click on the Google Play store
- Now go to the storage menu
- Search for the clear data option and tap on it
- Lastly, click on the clear cache option.
Once done, simply repeat the same steps for Google Play services and download manager as well. As soon as the case data is removed from your device, try to download the application again.
Fix 2: Download An Older Version Of This Application
You can also try to download an older version of this application that is compatible with your current Android version.
For this purpose, you can use different 3rd party websites, such as Different APK websites. To download an older version of a certain application through APK websites, follow the steps listed below:
- First of all, you need to visit an APK website of your choice
- On your website, go to the search bar and insert the name of the application or game you wish to download
- Once found, simply tap on the see available downloads option, and a list of versions of this application will display
- now simply select an older version of this application or game and download it to your device
To successfully install this application on your device, you have to enable “install unknown apps” on your device.
Fix 3: Update The Current Android Version
You can also update your Android version to be able to download and install a certain application or game. To do the same, you will have to follow the steps listed below:
- firstly connect to the WiFi connection available near your device
- now go to the settings app on your device
- On your settings app, choose the software update option, and a new menu will be displayed on your screen.
- From the current menu, Tap on the download and install option to initiate the software update installation.
This option will only be available if any software update is available on your device. Else, you will have to jump on the other troubleshooting method.
Fix 4: Directly Contact The App Developer
To get to the root cause of this error, you can directly contact the app developer. To contact the app’s developer, you can follow the given steps:
- Initiate the process by opening the Google Play store on your device
- now go to the application for which you are facing this error
- tap on the icon of this application and scroll to the bottom of the page
- Here you will find the developer contact option. tap on this option to continue
- you can contact the developer via email at the email address obtained from the developer contact page
Once you contact the app’s developer directly, all you have to do is wait for their answer and clarification regarding this error.
How To Install An App That Is Incompatible With Your Device
You can directly seek help from 3rd party websites such as APK websites. These 3rd party websites allow you to download older versions of a certain application or game and make them compatible with your current Android version.
This way, you can easily install an application or game that is incompatible with your device and add safe to use.
However, you can also use a newer device on which you have an updated Android version to get the application.
You can also use the methods listed below to install an application that is incompatible with your device:
- Bypass device restrictions and display your Android device configurations compatible with the application. You can easily edit your build. prop file And make your device compatible with the application
- Use VPN to install the applications which are restricted due to geographical location. A VPN saves you from facing this issue if the issue arises due to restrictions on geographical area or country.
- Update the operating system of your Android mobile and make it compatible with the game or application you wish to download.
Also Read: Fix: Google Unusual Traffic on iPhone
There can be various reasons why your device is not compatible with the application you wish to download.
The most common reasons are restricted geographical area, the older version of Android, and the Unavailability of applications on your device type.
To download an application for which you are not compatible, you can take the help of 3rd party websites and a VPN.
However, make sure that the source from which you are downloading the application in a compatible version is safe and doesn’t harm your device.
- How To Fix This Version Of Instagram Is No Longer Supported
- Fix: Google Play Services Not Supported By Your Device
- How To Fix Gmail Requires One Or More Google Play Services That Are Not Currently Available
- Bondee App Is Not Compatible With Your Device? Reasons & Fixes
- Bondee Is Not Compatible With Samsung? Reasons & Fixes