Path of Exile (PoE) is a very popular action role-playing game. In PoE, trading items with other players is a big part of the game, and we use platforms like PoE Trade for this.
But sometimes, PoE Trade can have problems, like the “PoE Trade Internal Error.”
The full error message reads: “An error occurred. Internal error“
In this article, we’ll look at why this error happens and how to fix it.
What Causes PoE Trade Internal Error?
Encountering a PoE Trade Internal Error can happen for various reasons. One common cause is server overload.
This occurs when many players are using the trading platform simultaneously, putting a strain on the servers and resulting in these internal errors.
Network issues can also be to blame; these problems might arise from your own internet connection or within PoE Trade’s infrastructure.
It could be due to a weak internet connection, a high ping rate, or even issues with the platform’s servers themselves.
Additionally, the web browser you use can play a significant role in your experience.
Some browsers may not work smoothly with PoE Trade, potentially leading to internal errors.
Lastly, the buildup of cache and cookies in your browser can sometimes disrupt PoE Trade’s functionality, leading to errors like internal errors.
How To Fix PoE Trade Internal Error?
To resolve the issue, try these workarounds first: Check your network connection and check the PoE server status. If that does not work, check for updates, and Temporarily disable the antivirus or firewall.
We have discussed the fixes in greater detail below.
1. Check Your Internet Connection
Before you do anything, make sure your internet is working well.
If your internet has problems, you might see an issue with the extension.
Here are the steps to Check your internet connection:
- Turn off your router or modem, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
- If the problem persists, you can reset your network settings on your device. Go to the network settings menu and look for an option to reset or restart network settings.
- Try connecting your device to a different Wi-Fi network or switch to a cellular data network to see if the issue is specific to your current network.
- If possible, try connecting to the internet using a different device, such as a smartphone or tablet, to see if the issue is specific to your device.
2. Check The PoE Server Status
Check if the PoE server has any issues, such as maintenance or technical problems.
In case the server is down for some reason, it is recommended that you wait for some time and then try again later.
3. Check For Updates
It’s important to ensure that your game is fully updated to the latest version.
Check if any updates are available, and if so, make sure to install them.
Here are the steps to check for updates in PoE.
To update a game with the Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Launcher and log in with your Epic Games account.
- Click your profile icon in the top right corner.
- Choose “Check for Updates.”
- If there’s an update, click your game and hit “Update.”
- Wait for it to download and install, and you can track it in “Library” > “Downloads” at the bottom.
4. Temporarily Disable Antivirus Or Firewall
Try temporarily disabling the antivirus or firewall software.
By doing this, you can check if this security application mistakenly blocks access to the application or not.
To temporarily disable your antivirus software, locate the antivirus program on your computer, open its settings, and disable it.
To temporarily disable your firewall, follow these steps:
- Open the Control Panel.
- Search for “Windows Defender Firewall” or “Firewall.”
- Select the appropriate network profile.
- Choose the option to turn off the firewall for the selected profile.
- Save the changes and exit the settings.
5. Contact PoE Support
If the previous fixes didn’t work, contact PoE support for more help.
They’re experts and can give you specific guidance to solve the issue.
- How To Fix “An Error Occurred While Trying To Connect To The Albion Servers” On Albion Online
- How To Fix “The Operation Was Canceled Error Code 300010” On Diablo 4
- How To Fix Party Animals Redeem Code Network Error
- How To Fix Rainbow Six Siege Server Connection Error 3-0x00050001
- How To Fix “You Have Been Disconnected From Red Dead Online” Error