Is your Peloton bike or tread touchscreen not working properly?
There is never a time when exercise is not good for your health.
And with Peloton devices, you get to experience that while staying at your home without worrying about going out.
However, as the devices use touch screens for giving a better experience However there might be some issues in your Peloton Bike/ Tread that could ruin your entire day.
But there is no need to worry because we will be going over all the reasons why your touchscreen of Peloton device is not working and what you can do to fix it.
Why Is Peloton Touch Screen Not Working
There can be a few reasons why your Peloton bile/Tread touch screen is not working.
It can range from a cable connection to an issue with the display itself.
Below are some of the reasons given for you to go through.
- Your Peloton Bike/ Traed software might not be updated to its latest version.
- There could be a bug in the system of the Peloton device.
- The internet connection could be faulty.
- The wires of the Peloton bike/ Tread could be having loose connection issues.
How To Fix Peloton Touch Screen Not Working
In this section, we will be taking a thorough look at the fixes that can help you in solving the issue of your Peloton device touch screen not working.
1. Check The Wires
The first thing you should do is to check the wires and the cable of your Peloton Bike/ Tread.
If there is any loose connection then that could be the reason why your Peloton device touchscreen is not working.
You should disconnect all the wires and the cables and then make sure to connect them all properly again.
2. Check The Internet Connection
The next thing that you can try is to check the internet connection.
If you have unstable or slow internet then that could be the reason why your Peloton device is not able to connect and could be showing a loading screen or dark screen.
You can alternate your internet connection between different settings such as wifi and cellular data to see if there is any issue with your internet connection.
3. Check For Firmware Updates
The next thing that you should do is to update the firmware of your Peloton Bike/ Tread.
To do that please follow the steps given below.
- Open Peloton App and sign in.
- Go to Settings at the top of the screen.
- Under Bike/ Tread Settings tap on Firmware Update.
- Tap on Update Now.
- Now confirm that you want to update your Firmware.
- The Firmware will now start to take updates however the process can take some time.
- After it is completed then tap on Finish and restart the Peloton device.
Congratulations, your Peloton Bike/ Tread is now updated to its latest Firmware.
4. Factory Reset Your Bike/ Tread
You can also try a factory Reset if none of the fixes above has solved the issue yet.
To do that just follow the steps below.
- Press and hold the Power Button for 10 seconds.
- Now, press and release the Power button once.
- When you see the Peloton logo on your touchscreen press the Left arrow button.
- Keeping a hold on the left arrow button press and release the Right arrow button.
- Now the Peloton device will enter Factory Reset mode.
Wait till the rest is done and then check if that solved the issue of the touch screen not working in your Peloton device.
5. Restart Your Peloton Bike/ Tread
As an alternative solution, you can also Restart your Peloton device if nothing works out.
You will have to hold the power button for 10 seconds and your Peloton Bike/ Tread will restart immediately.
After you are done restarting check whether you can now use the touchscreen properly.
6. Contact Peloton Support Team
If none of the fixes are working then we highly recommend that you contact the Peloton Support Team.
There could be a bug in the system of Peloton or the display could have some issues due to which the touch screen is not working in your Peloton Bike/ Tread.
The Support Team of Peloton will be able to check these and help you out.