Are you having trouble with your Plex application?
Is your Plex showing the error message, “not enough disk space to convert this item” when you are trying to stream a movie or a TV show?
If that is the case then read on as in this article we will be discussing all the reasons and fixes related to this error in Plex.
What Causes “Not Enough Disk Space To Convert This Item” On Plex
The error message “not enough disk space to convert this item” in Plex occurs when the storage capacity in your device is insufficient for Plex to convert the file as needed.
This means that the device does not have enough space to store the converted file and Plex will clearly indicate this in the error message.
You can also shift the directory location of Plex to a different location where there is ample storage so that Plex is not having an issue trying to convert the item.
In the below section of our guide, you will be able to see the steps that will help you in solving the issue.
How To Fix “Not Enough Disk Space To Convert This Item” On Plex
Now that you have understood why your Pklex is showing such an error message, “not enough disk space to convert this item”, it is time for us to review the list of solutions that you can try to solve this issue.
You just need to read on and try all the solutions given in this section and you will be able to solve the issue simply and efficiently.
1. Increase Storage Capacity
The simplest solution to the error message is to buy more storage capacity.
If your device is running low on storage, you can easily buy an external hard disk and install it on your computer to increase the storage space.
2. Change Location For Plex Media Server Directory
Another solution to this error is to change the location of the Plex media server directory.
If the disk containing your Plex directory is almost full, you can simply change the directory location to a disk that has more space.
For Mac and Linux users, you can use a symbolic link, and for Windows users, you can go to the LocalAppDataPath to change the required settings.
3. Delete Video Preview Thumbnails
To free up some space for Plex, you can try deleting some old video preview thumbnails.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Customize the library from which you want to delete the thumbnail
- Go to the left side of the screen and click on the Advanced button
- Select the delete Preview Thumbnail button
- Confirm your choice by clicking on OK
4. Disable Video Preview Thumbnail
As a precautionary measure, you can also disable the video preview thumbnail from the Plex app to save storage space.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Open Plex from a browser and log in to your account
- Go to Settings
- Click on Server
- Go to Video Preview Thumbnail
- Uncheck the box “show video preview when user scrolls through the library”
5. Contact Plex Support Team
After you have tried all these solutions yet you are unable to solve the error it is best that you contact the Plex Support Team.
We recommend that you get your issues checked out by a professional who will be able to help you.
- How To Fix “Error Code H4 Not Supported” In Plex
- How To Fix “Color Space Is Not Supported” On Plex
- For Now You Can’t Change The Thumbnail On Your Short: Meaning & How To Fix It?
- How To Fix “Your Changes Could Not Be Saved” In Plex
- How To Fix “Not Authorized You Do Not Have Access To This Server” On Plex