If you use iOS, you may not enjoy all of the benefits of Google applications that are accessible to Android users.
The same can be said about YouTube’s PiP (Picture-in-Picture) Feature.
Since the inception of PiP (Picture-in-Picture) Feature, YouTube has made PiP mode available to all Android users.
However, its availability on iOS was restricted, with only Premium users able to experience it as an experimental feature for a short period.
YouTube has finally made the Picture-in-Picture functionality available to iOS users.
But for some iOS user its getting working properly.
They are getting notification popup saying “Music content cannot be played in picture-in-picture (PiP)“.
What Is Picture-in-Picture (PiP) On YouTube?
On YouTube, PiP enables you to view videos in a small player even after leaving YouTube and using other applications.
Picture-in-picture (PiP) reduces a video to a little player, allowing you to continue viewing while using other applications on your mobile device.
You may drag the little player around your device’s home screen and place it over other applications.
On 12th July, 2022, YouTube announced and said in a statement:
Picture-in-Picture (PiP) is now rolling out to iPhone and iPad devices (running iOS and iPadOS 15.0 or higher) over the next several days.
We recognize this has been a slow roll out for a highly requested feature, and want to thank everyone who shared feedback during experiments (including recently on youtube.com/new), and waited patiently for this moment!
Picture-in-Picture (PiP) roll out & availability details:
- Non-Premium Members: In the U.S., everyone using the YouTube app on iPhone and iPad will have access to PiP for non-music content. If you use an Android device you already have this feature and will continue to!
- Premium Members: Globally, all Premium members on iPhone and iPad will have access to PiP for all content, (both music and non-music). To turn on PiP, go to Settings > General in your YouTube app and turn-on Picture-in-picture. If you don’t turn on PiP, you’ll still be able to use background play by default (based on your feedback from our experiments)! Premium members with Android devices already have this feature and will continue to.
With Picture-in-Picture (PiP):
You can watch YouTube videos in a small mini player while simultaneously browsing other apps on your mobile device.
How to Picture-in-Picture (PiP) on YouTube:
Simply select a YouTube video to watch and then leave the YouTube app (by swiping up from the bottom of your screen, or pressing the home button).
The video will continue to play in a mini player, which you can move across your device’s screen as you use other apps.
Music Content Can Not Be Played In Picture In Picture (PiP) Notification YouTube
iOS users still getting “Music content cannot be played in picture-in-picture (PiP)” notification if they having premium subscription also.
“Music content cannot be played in picture-in-picture (PiP)” is bug in the iOS YouTube App.
Lot of people getting this error and it is flooded on social media like Twitter and Reddit.
So, YouTube already having idea about this.
YouTube team working to resolve this issue.
Just wait for some time and also update YouTube app to latest version if available.
There is no particular fix that you can do from your side to remove this error.
So, wait Till the YouTube resolve the issue.
- Fix: Music Content Can Not Be Played In Picture In Picture (PiP) YouTube
- Fix: Music Content Can Not Be Played In PiP Keeps Popping Up YouTube
- YouTube Mini Player Not Working? Reasons & Fixes
- How To Turn OFF Ambient Mode On YouTube (Android, IPhone, PC Or Desktop)
- Fix: This Account Is Not Supported On The YouTube On TV App At This Time