Microsoft VBScript is a special type of computer language made by Microsoft.
People often use it to make tasks automatic and dynamic web pages.
But, just like mistakes in other languages, VBScript can have problems.
One problem is called “Microsoft VBScript runtime error 800a0046: Permission Denied.”
The full error message reads: “Error:Permission denied Code:800A0046”
This happens when a script tries to use something, like a file, but it’s not allowed to because of permissions.
What Causes Microsoft VBScript Runtime Error 800a0046 Permission Denied?
The Microsoft VBScript runtime error 800a0046 is caused by a permission-denied error.
Attempting to install or uninstall a program or driver on a computer without administrative privileges can result in this error.
Insufficient permissions can cause this to occur when running a program on a remote computer.
In general, this error occurs when a user or group is unable to access a resource due to a lack of necessary permissions.
Luckily, we were able to find some workarounds that might help you fix this issue.
How To Fix Microsoft VBScript Runtime Error 800a0046 Permission Denied?
Here are some suggestions that could be helpful in addressing this issue:
1. Run As Administrator
If you see the error “Microsoft VBScript runtime error 800a0046: Permission Denied,” try this: Right-click the program or script, and choose Run as administrator.
This can help fix the problem because it gives extra power to the program, which might need it to do certain tasks.
Follow these steps to run a program as an administrator on Windows.
- Find the app you want to run as an administrator in the Start menu or on the desktop.
- Right-click on the app and select Run as administrator from the context menu.
- Click Yes to confirm when prompted.
2. Disable User Account Control (UAC)
It is possible for UAC to interfere with the execution of programs or scripts.
Try disabling UAC and see if the error disappears.
Here are the Steps to disable user account control:
- Click on Start and go to Control Panel.
- Open User Accounts from there.
- Choose Change User Account Control settings.
- Slide the bar on the left to Never Notify and click OK.
- Restart your computer.
- Once it’s restarted, you can install or remove the program that caused the 800A0046 error.
- How To Fix Microsoft VBScript Runtime Error 800a000d Type Mismatch Create Object
- How To Fix Error “Failed To Create Key For RobloxStudioLauncherBeta.exe Elevation Policy” On Roblox
- How To Fix “Unable To Start Minecraft Runtime Environment” On CurseForge
- How To Fix “Windows Cannot Access The Specified Device, Path, Or File You Not Have Appropriate Permission To Access This Item”
- How To Fix Bluestacks Error Code 26 Installation Failed