Are you also getting the error message showing “An Unknown error occurred Please try to view this feature again in a few moments.” while using the Kroger app? This is absolutely the problem.
What does the Kroger pay do? Kroger pay is a fast way to pay and save using your mobile device. It generates a one- time quick response code that securely transmits payment. But many users are plagued by an unknown error in this app.
You opened your app and found the error message. Isn’t it frustrating? This may be because of some common issues like technical glitch, connectivity issues etc. Are you curious to know more about it and want to resolve the problem as soon as possible.
In this guide, we will discuss what could be the possible reasons behind the unknown error and how to fix the same.
What Causes An Unknown Error In Kroger App?
You have downloaded the Kroger app with excitement but now you find it’s not working as well as you’d hoped. Now, you are looking for possible reasons behind this unknown error. Here are those reasons:
- If there are some technical bugs and glitches have arisen from their side. Then probably you may face this issue in the Kroger app.
- Kroger is completely dependent on stable internet connection because without a stable internet connection app isn’t able to grab data from its server. As a result, your app may not function smoothly and you may face this error.
- If the Kroger app does not have the necessary permission which is required for it to work smoothly, then you may face this error.
- When cache data is overcrowded, the performance of the app is negatively affected. Cache stores some data to improve performance but if your app is showing an unknown error then it might be possible that cache data is overcrowded which is affecting the app’s performance.
- If you are using the old and outdated version of the Kroger then probably this issue might arise.
- Sometimes, the Kroger app shows this error when their servers are down due to maintenance or update.
These could be the major reasons behind the Kroger app not letting you sign in. You can fix these reasons and correct this arising issue.
How To Fix Kroger App An Unknown Error Occurred
Let’s jump to the fixes that can help you to troubleshoot the Kroger app unknown error problem.
1. Wait For Sometime And Try Again
Kroger app server may be down because of which you are experiencing this unknown error message.
If the server is under maintenance or updates then the server will become down and you might face this unknown error message from the app.
If the server is down then you have to wait for sometime and try again later.
Also check official forums, social media pages or the app’s support channels for further information regarding solutions to the unknown error message in the app. Visit the twitter page of the Kroger app to check the server status by clicking here.
So, before trying any other fixes you can check the server status of the Kroger app from the website by clicking here.
2. Make Sure You Have Strong & Stable Internet Connection
Make sure you are connected with a strong and stable internet connection. Obviously, without strong internet connection you will not be able to use the Kroger app as it is an online based mobile application.
You can switch between your cellular network and WiFi.
Here how you can connect to WiFi network:
- Open your device’s settings app.
- Tap Network & Internet and then on Internet
- Now, lists of available networks will be available. Choose that network to which you want to connect.
- Fill the password and connect to it.
You can also check the speed of your internet by clicking here.
3. Update Kroger App To Its Latest Version
If you cannot use any services or features of this app and are showing an unknown error then you are using the outdated version of the Kroger app. Update the app to its latest version to remove bugs or compatibility issues. Updating the app sometimes solves the issue.
To update the Kroger app on android follow these steps:
- Launch the Google Play Store.
- Click on your profile icon on the top- right corner of your device.
- Now, click on Manage apps & devices.
- Here, you will see the option of Updates available and under it you will see two options i.e. Update All and See details.
- Click on See Details.
- Now, from the list of all shown apps, find Kroger app and click on the Update button.
To Update the Kroger app on iPhone, follow these steps:
- Open the App Store.
- Navigate to the Updates tab.
- View available updates and check for the Kroger app.
- If an update is available for the Kroger app then click on update button and the app will start updating.
4. Clear Kroger App Cache And Data
Some temporary data is stored by your phone in cache files to make a better experience on the Kroger app. But sometimes it is very crucial to clear the cache data for fixing the errors.
Clearing the app cache restores the app to default and the app starts working smoothly.
Follow these steps for clearing cache on android:
- Launch the Settings on your Android device.
- Click on Manage Apps & Notifications.
- Find the Kroger app in the list of applications and click on it.
- Then go to the Storage option.
- Tap on Clear Cache and Clear Data.
5. Log Out & Log Back In Again
Due to security protocols, there could be some problems with your current login, so it’s good to log out from your device and log back in to the app.
This can refresh the app and help in solving the minor glitches that may have cropped up in your account of Kroger app.
6. Uninstall And Reinstall The Kroger App
You may try to uninstall the Kroger app and reinstall it from the Play Store or app store. It might fix this error code.
Follow these steps for android device to reinstall the Kroger app:
- Reach out to your Phone’s App Store.
- Search for the Kroger Pay App.
- Tap on “Uninstall”.
- Once it is uninstalled, reinstall it from the Play Store by searching Kroger app in the search icon and clicking on install button.
Follow these steps for iPhone to reinstall the Kroger app:
- Go to iPhone Settings.
- Click on General.
- Tap on iPhone Storage.
- Scroll down and tap on the Korger app. Now, click on the Offload button to confirm.
- To reinstall it, go to the iPhone Settings > General > iPhone Storage.
- Tap on the Kroger app to reinstall it.
- Press on the Reinstall button.
Now, attempt to check if the Kroger Pay works or not.
6. Contact Kroger Customer Support
Did you try all the above solutions that I have mentioned above? But still facing the issue then should reach out to the customer support.
You may contact The Kroger Support Team for the same by clicking here.