Dragon Age Origins is an amazing fantasy game made by BioWare that takes players on an exciting adventure in a detailed and captivating fictional world.
However, like any software, it is not immune to technical issues. One of the frustrating problems that players may encounter is the “Dragon Age Origins Invalid License” error.
The full error message reads: “Invalid license. Reason code = Missing DLL [NxCharacter dil] Error 0x7E”
This article aims to shed light on the causes of this error and provide potential solutions to help you overcome it.
What Causes Dragon Age Origins Invalid License?
The “Dragon Age Origins Invalid License” error can occur due to a few reasons.
Firstly, if your computer doesn’t meet the game’s minimum requirements, like not having enough RAM, an old processor, or limited hard drive space, it can trigger the error.
Secondly, using an outdated or incompatible graphics card driver can also cause problems with license verification, which prevents the game from authenticating the license properly.
Lastly, temporary technical issues like server problems or network connectivity glitches can disrupt the license authentication process and result in an error message.
How To Fix Dragon Age Origins Invalid License?
If you are encountering the “Dragon Age Origins Invalid License” error, here are some possible solutions that can help you resolve this issue:
1. Restart Your Computer
If you’re encountering an invalid license error while playing a game, try restarting your computer as it can fix temporary glitches or conflicts that might be causing the issue.
2. Check For Minimum System Requirements
Make sure your computer meets the minimum system requirements by checking if your operating system, processor, memory, graphics card, DirectX version, hard drive space, and sound card meet to run the game.
Here are the minimum system requirements for Dragon Age: Origins:
- Operating System: Windows XP (Service Pack 3), Windows Vista (Service Pack 1), or Windows 7
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Single 1.6 GHz Processor (or equivalent) or AMD 64 2.0 GHz Processor (or equivalent)
- Memory: 1 GB RAM (1.5 GB for Windows Vista and Windows 7)
- Graphics: ATI Radeon X850 256 MB or NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT 128 MB or greater (Windows Vista: Radeon X1550 256 MB or NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT 256 MB)
- DirectX Version: DirectX (November 2007)
- Hard Drive: 20 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX compatible sound card
3. Update The Graphic Card Driver
If you’re experiencing problems like invalid license errors, it could be due to outdated or incompatible graphics card drivers, so go to the website of your graphics card manufacturer (like NVIDIA or AMD) and download the latest driver for your particular model.
To update your graphic card driver, follow these steps:
- Open the Device Manager and expand the “Display adapters” category to see the make and model of your graphics card.
- Go to the official website of your graphics card manufacturer (e.g., NVIDIA or AMD).
- Look for the “Drivers” or “Support” section on the manufacturer’s website.
- Locate the driver for your specific graphics card model and operating system.
- Download the latest driver and run the installer file.
- Accept the license agreement, choose a destination folder, and follow the prompts to complete the installation.
- Restart your computer to finalize the driver installation.
4. Run The Game As An Administrator
Try running the game as an administrator. Sometimes, this can help resolve the issue.
Right-click on the game’s executable file or shortcut, select “Run as administrator,” and confirm any prompts that appear.
5. Try NVIDIA PhysX Legacy System Software
Installing the NVIDIA PhysX Legacy System Software can help resolve compatibility issues related to physics simulations in the game.
Make sure to download the correct version based on your graphics card and operating system.
To install NVIDIA PhysX Legacy System Software, follow these steps:
- Visit the official NVIDIA website.
- Navigate to the “Drivers” or “Support” section.
- Search for “NVIDIA PhysX Legacy System Software” or locate the appropriate driver for your graphics card model.
- Download the software compatible with your operating system.
- Run the installer and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Restart your computer.
6. Download Microsoft Visual Studio
In some cases, users were able to resolve the issue by downloading Microsoft Visual Studio.
Download Microsoft Visual Studio from the official website, then check if the issue is resolved or not.
6. Uninstalling And Reinstalling
If the issue still persists, uninstall the game from your device, then reinstall it from the official website.
To uninstall and reinstall, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows key + “I” to open the Settings menu.
- Go to “Apps” or “Apps & features” in the Settings menu.
- In the search bar, type “Dragon Age Origins” to locate the Dragon Age Origins application.
- Once you find Dragon Age Origins in the list, click on it to select it.
- Click on the three dots button, usually located next to the app’s name.
- From the dropdown menu, choose “Uninstall” to remove Dragon Age Origins from your PC.
- Download the Dragon Age Origins installation file from the official website.
- Once the download is complete, locate the file and run it to install Dragon Age Origins on your PC.
7. Contact Dragon Age Origins Support
If you are facing the “Dragon Age Origins Invalid License” error and the above solutions do not resolve the issue, it is recommended to contact the support team for Dragon Age Origins.