Fidelity Active Trader Pro is a tool for people who actively trade stocks and analyze market trends.
Sometimes, like any other software, it can have problems that stop users from using it fully.
In this article, we’ll look at common reasons why the platform may not work and give simple step-by-step solutions to solve these issues.
Why Is Fidelity Active Trader Pro Not Working?
If your internet is slow or keeps disconnecting, Active Trader Pro may not work well because it needs a good internet connection for real-time data and trades.
Also, if you’re using an old software version or an unsupported operating system, the platform might not be compatible and won’t work properly.
Sometimes, your firewall or antivirus can also cause trouble by blocking the platform’s communication with Fidelity’s servers.
How To Fix Fidelity Active Trader Pro Not Working?
Here are some potential fixes that may assist in resolving the issue on Fidelity Active Trader Pro:
1. Check Your Internet Connection
Before you start troubleshooting make sure that your internet connection is strong and steady.
Here are the steps to Check your internet connection:
- Turn off your router or modem, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
- If the problem persists, you can reset your network settings on your device. Go to the network settings menu and look for an option to reset or restart network settings.
- Try connecting your device to a different Wi-Fi network or switch to a cellular data network to see if the issue is specific to your current network.
- If possible, try connecting to the internet using a different device, such as a smartphone or tablet, to see if the issue is specific to your device.
2. Check For Updates
Make sure both the app and your device’s software are up to date.
Updates often fix bugs and make the app work better with different devices and systems.
You can do this by visiting the official website of Fidelity Active Trader Pro.
3. Restart Your Computer
If Fidelity Active Trader Pro is acting up, try restarting your computer; it can often fix the issues caused by software or hardware problems.
4. Temporarily Disable Antivirus And Firewall
Try temporarily disabling the antivirus or firewall, then check if this issue is caused by this security software or not.
To temporarily disable your antivirus software, locate the antivirus program on your computer, open its settings, and disable it.
To temporarily disable your firewall, follow these steps:
- Open the Control Panel.
- Search for “Windows Defender Firewall” or “Firewall.”
- Select the appropriate network profile.
- Choose the option to turn off the firewall for the selected profile.
- Save the changes and exit the settings.
5. Uninstall And Reinstall
If Fidelity Active Trader Pro isn’t working well after you’ve installed it, try uninstalling it and then installing it again.
This might solve the problem by clearing any mistakes or issues that could be causing the trouble.
Here are the steps to Uninstall and Reinstall in Windows:
- Press the Windows key + “I” to open the Settings menu.
- Go to “Apps” or “Apps & features” in the Settings menu.
- In the search bar, type “Fidelity Active Trader Pro” to locate the Fidelity Active Trader Pro application.
- Once you find Fidelity Active Trader Pro in the list, click on it to select it.
- Click on the three dots (or “More options”) button, usually located next to the app’s name.
- From the dropdown menu, choose “Uninstall” to remove Fidelity Active Trader Pro from your PC.
- Download the Fidelity Active Trader Pro installation file from the official website.
- Once the download is complete, locate the file and run it to install Fidelity Active Trader Pro on your PC.
6. Contact Fidelity Support
If nothing else fixes the problem, you can call Fidelity support at 800-544-7595.
They have a special support line for Active Trader tools to help you out.
- How To Fix “An Error Occurred While Trying To Connect To The Albion Servers” On Albion Online
- How To Fix PoE Trade Internal Error
- How To Fix “The Web Server Is Not Reachable Please Try Again In A Few Minutes” On Runescape
- How To Fix “Network Issue” On Jagex Launcher
- How To Fix GeForce NOW Error Code 0x0000009D Occur