Valorant, a popular tactical first-person shooter developed by Riot Games, allows players to buy in-game items, characters, and weapon skins using Valorant Points (VP).
However, some players have encountered problems with the Valorant Points store not loading or showing a black screen.
This article will explain the possible reasons for these issues and offer troubleshooting solutions to fix them.
Why Valorant Points Store Not Loading Or Having Black Screen?
Many players encounter frustrating issues with the store not loading or showing a black screen.
The main reasons for these problems are slow or unstable internet connections, conflicts with third-party antivirus software, and misconfigurations in system variables.
Slow internet can cause delays, antivirus programs might interfere with game files, and system variable conflicts can make it difficult to access in-game purchases.
How To Fix Valorant Points Store Not Loading Or Having Black Screen?
If you are facing network issues in Valorant, here are some troubleshooting methods to consider:
1. Check Your Internet Connection
Make sure that your internet connection is steady and stable.
Any disturbance in the network can cause issues with the connection issues.
Here are the steps to Check your internet connection:
- Turn off your router or modem, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
- If the problem persists, you can reset your network settings on your device. Go to the network settings menu and look for an option to reset or restart network settings.
- If you’re using Wi-Fi, try switching to a wired connection to rule out any potential wireless issues.
- Restart your router or modem to refresh the connection.
2. Restart Your Device
Sometimes, this issue can be temporary, and a simple restart can resolve the problem.
Turn off your device, wait for a few seconds, then turn the device back on and check if the issue still exists or not.
3. Log Out And Then Log In
If you’re having trouble with the store, try logging out of your Valorant account and then logging back in.
This simple step might refresh your session and fix any temporary login issues.
4. Update Your Graphics Drivers
Outdated graphics drivers can make your screen have issues.
Make sure to update your graphics card drivers by going to the manufacturer’s website or using an automatic driver update tool.
Here are the steps to update your graphic card:
- Open Device Manager, locate “Display adapters,” and note your graphics card model.
- Go to NVIDIA, AMD, or Intel’s website and find the latest drivers for your card.
- Download the latest drivers, run the installer, and follow on-screen instructions.
- After installation, restart your computer to apply the changes.
- Check Device Manager again to confirm the updated driver version.
4. Run As Administrator
Try running Valorant as an administrator to fix store loading problems caused by permission issues.
Steps to run an application as an administrator:
- Find the application’s “.exe” file.
- Right-click on the file.
- Select “Run as administrator” from the context menu.
- Confirm the User Account Control prompt.
- The application will now run with elevated privileges.
5. Add Riot Vanguard As An Exception
Adding Riot Vanguard as an exception in your antivirus software can fix issues with the Valorant Points store not loading or showing a black screen.
Here are the steps to adding Riot Vanguard as an exception:
- Identify your antivirus software.
- Open your antivirus program’s settings.
- Look for “Exclusions” or “Exceptions” in the settings menu.
- Add the Riot Vanguard folder as an exclusion.
- Save the changes and restart your computer.
6. Disable Compatibility Mode
Try disabling compatibility mode in Windows; some users have reported that this workaround worked for them.
Here are the steps to compatibility mode on your device:
- Navigate to your desktop and find the Valorant shortcut.
- Right-click on the Valorant shortcut and select “Properties” from the context menu.
- In the Properties window, go to the “Compatibility” tab.
- Uncheck the box that says “Run this program in compatibility mode for.”
- Click “Apply” and then “OK” to save the changes.
- Launch Valorant again and check if the issue with the Points store not loading or having a black screen is resolved.
7. Create A New Windows Account With Administrator Privileges
If the previous steps haven’t worked, creating a new Windows user account could help.
Sometimes, user-specific settings or configurations can cause issues with applications like Valorant’s Points store.
Here’s how you can create a new Windows account:
- Press the Windows key + I on your keyboard to open the Settings app.
- Go to “Accounts” and then select “Family & other users” from the left-hand menu.
- Under “Other users,” click on “Add someone else to this PC.”
- Choose the option “I don’t have this person’s sign-in information.”
- Select “Add a user without a Microsoft account.”
- Enter a username and password for the new account. Make sure to set it as an administrator account.
- Click “Next” and then “Finish” to create the new account.
8. Contact Valorant Support
If the problem continues, contact Valorant support for more help and explain the issue in detail. They can assist you further.