Thanks to the BBC Radio on Google Home feature, you can listen to live radio broadcasts from the BBC on your Google Home device.
You may listen to All numerous channels of BBC radio stations on Google Home.
However, many users are now facing the issue of “BBC Radio Not working on Google Home.”
If Google Home doesn’t play BBC radio stations, this article can assist you in solving the problem.
Why Is BBC Radio Not Working On Google Home?
BBC Radio Not Working on Google Home means there might be an issue with the connections or hardware inside the device.
Here are the following reason
- Ensure your Google Home device is connected to stable internet connectivity.
- BBC service may not be available in your region
- There might be an issue with the Google firmware update.
- There might be an issue with your Account or device.
- The Google Home device may not recognize the given voice command.
How To Fix BBC Radio Not Working On Google Home?
Before troubleshooting, ensure the Google Home device is connected to the internet and working fine.
If not, resetting the WiFi connection or switching over to an alternative mobile network will fix the issue.
1. Try Different BBC Radio Chanel
First, Make sure the BBC channel is available in your region.
Also, check with any music and make sure the device is connected and working correctly.
Then try Accessing BBC Radio; if it doesn’t work, try the following.
There might be an issue with the selected channel, so try alternative channels and see if the issue is fixed.
2. Update Your Google Home App
BBC Radio is not working since the Google Home app might need to be updated.
Update your Google Home App by following the steps
- Open the Google Play Store app.
- Tap on Menu Button. Click on my apps & games.
- Find the Google Home app.
- Tap On Update next to the Google Home App.
Now try using your Google Home APP.
3. Check For Firmware Updates
You may be using the old version of the Firmware, and you need to update the Google Home device Firmware.
- Go to Google Home
- Open your Google Home Device Speaker
- Tap on the Setting icon at the top right of the screen
- Click on Device Information from the opened screen
- Toggle on Automatic firmware update from the setting
Now, the Google Home app automatically downloads the firmware update.
4. Retry With Different Voice Command
You might have given the BBC Radio Google Home device the wrong voice command.
Or, for some reason, the device cannot recognize the command.
If the issue priests, restart the device and give the correct command slow and steady,
The command is “OK, Google, play Radio One.”
You can now enjoy BBC Radio on your Google Home Device.
If the error persists, then try clearing cache data.
5. Clear Cache Data In Google Home App
Clearing cache data will delete any corrupted file or previously given the wrong command.
- Go to Settings from your Mobile
- Click On Apps and Select all apps
- Find and locate Google Home App and Click on Storage
- Click on Clear Cache to clear data.
Restart your Google Home App and Try accessing BBC Radio.
If the issue persists, Reconfigure your BBC Radio Account.
6. Factory Reset And Reconfigure Your BBC Radio Account
If nothing above method works, then factory reset and reconfigure your Account.
A factory reset will reset your Google Application or Home speaker or display to its default factory settings.
This action will clear your data from the device and can’t be undone.
On the back of your device, press and hold the mute microphone button for about 15 seconds.
Your Google Home will let you know that it’s resetting.
- Go to Google Home App from your phone
- Tap the Add Icon + >> Click on Set up device >> Click on New Device >Follow in-app steps.
- To Add your BBC Radio account, Tab on Media from Google Home Device
- Tap a Radio service and click On OK to connect your Account
- Tap on sign in with your BBC radio account.
Make sure the entered account username and password are correct.
Now play any music to ensure the connection working status of the Google Home App.
Then give BBC radio voice command and play your favourite channel.
Following the above troubleshooting steps, you can quickly fix BBC Video Not Working on Google Home.