There’s no denying that for many, Phonepe has become the go-to service for making online payments. Phonepe has become one of the most frequently used UPI service providers for online transactions.
If you’re thinking of shifting to another service provider or are facing challenges with your Phonepe account, then please know that you can delete your existing Phonepe account at any time.
Please note that before deleting your Phonepe account permanently, if there’s money in your Wallet – you should probably get it out right away.
Consider this guide to learn the steps to delete the PhonePe account.
Steps to delete/ close PhonePe account:
- Open the PhonePe app.
- Tap on the “?” on the top right corner of the home screen.
- Select the My Account and KYC option.
- Tap on the My PhonePe Account Details option.
- Choose the Deleting my PhonePe Account option.
- The next screen will list several reasons that you might have for quitting the application’s services. Choose your reason.
- Further, tap on the Contact Support option and choose your language.
- The PhonePe team will contact you within a day.
Things to keep in mind before Closing PhonePe Account
- Before deleting your PhonePe account, ensure that you have completed all pending transactions.
- Before deleting your PhonePe account, make sure to unlink your mobile number and bank account.
- If you have any cashback offers, you can claim them after deleting the account.
- Clear your PhonePe wallet before deleting your PhonePe account.