Many payment wallets in India offer you different features. However, PhonePe is different from the rest. No worries about your details being misused by this wallet. Unlike other wallets, it doesn’tdoesn’t store your data like your card details or OTP.
PhonePe uses tokenization technology to protect your sensitive data from unauthorized access. Tokenization is a security measure that replaces your sensitive data with a unique non-reversible code, and it is impossible to get back your original data.
PhonePe transactions are secured, safeguarded, and monitored under the watchful eye of the National Cyber Security Cell. This makes it impossible for cybercriminals to gain access to your confidential details.
This payment wallet is safe to use anytime, anywhere. So make good use of it to make payment for your online shopping, pay your utility bills, or send money to your friends and family.
Using PhonePe with your debit cards, credit cards, or bank account transfer is safe since you are not sharing your sensitive information with anyone. You are sharing a Virtual Payment Address that is fully encrypted and protected from potential threats.
Your information is directly inputted into the PhonePe system, so you have nothing to worry about.
PhonePe is a Flipkart-owned UPI payment application recognized by the NPCI (National Payments Corporation of India).
The NPCI is responsible for ensuring that all transactions are regulated within the guidelines set out by the Reserve Bank of India, which are partly responsible for the ease of making transactions through PhonePe.
PhonePe has never been involved in any of the data breaches or data theft cases in the country. It is considered among the safest UPI payments applications in India.
How to keep your PhonePe Account Safe?
PhonePe users can make their PhonePe account a safe way to make transactions. Follow these precautions to protect your sensitive information from being stolen:
- Never share your OTPs or any other sensitive information.
- Use a strong password with unique characters.
- Avoid downloading any third-party application from an untrusted website.
- Always contact the PhonePe team on their official accounts.
- Keep track of all official SMS and emails from the Bank and Paytm accounts regarding transactions and login alerts.
- Avoid transactions from any fishy or untrusted website.
- In case of any data theft or hacking, contact the PhonePe team immediately.