India is a country that has had a population explosion in the past few decades. We are now the second-most populous country in the world that is going through a digital revolution. The Internet is now more accessible than ever, and banking has been made much more convenient.
Despite all the government’s efforts, there still seems to be a digital divide, especially in rural areas. Banking for all remains a dream; however, efforts are being made to solve this issue. This article goes over the Akshaya program and what makes it so special.
What is an Akshaya Center?
Akshaya centers are essentially kiosk banks that are designed to provide people with complete banking experience. They have micro ATMs, banking services, insurance policies, and entrepreneurial services.
Who is an Akshaya Center for you?
The Akshaya centers are designed to cater to rural areas with a lack of banks and e-education. The government of Kerala started this program for the Keralites. There are more than 2000+ centers in Kerala state, with every panchayat having at least 2.
Benefits of Akshaya
There are various benefits to joining and being part of the Akshaya program-
- They are very easy to set up and are largely automated, making them cheaper to run.
- Akshaya center ensures that the people living in the rural area can have similar services to their urban counterparts.
- Akshaya ensures that the growth and development across the Kerala state happen at the same pace.
- They help introduce Internet banking to a whole new class of citizens reducing the digital divide.
How to Locate an Akshaya Center Near you?
Steps to locate Akshaya Center Near Me:
- Step 1: Go to the Akshaya Center’s official website.
- Step 2: Click on Locate Your Service.
- Step 3: Select the service you’re trying to avail yourself of.
- Step 4: Select the district you’re staying in.
- Step 5: Type in the area by Panchayat/Municipality/Corporation.
Akshaya Centers are revolutionizing the way banking is done by making it more accessible. It has changed the lives of the people of Kerala, and hopefully, it will expand further. These kinds of social programs are how India will become developed across the board.