A stock exchange is a place where stocks are bought and sold. Many Indian investors are earmarking the U.S. Stock market to boost their “return-game”. In the US, the stock exchange opens at 9:30 am and closes at 4:00 pm. As per Indian Standard Timing, the U.S. stock exchange opens from 7:00 p.m. IST to 1:30 a.m IST.
The article shares the U.S. Stock Market timings as per Indian time.
USA Market Timings In India
|S. No.||Session||EST Start||EST End||IST Start||IST End|
|1.||Pre-Opening Hours||3:30 a.m.||4:00 a.m.||1:00 p.m.||1:30 p.m.|
|2.||Opening Session||4:00 a.m.||9:30 a.m.||1:30 p.m.||7:00 p.m.|
|3.||Core Trading Hours||9.30 a.m.||4:00 p.m.||7:00 p.m.||1:30 a.m.|
|4.||Closing Auction Freeze Period||3:59 p.m.||4:00 p.m.||1:29 a.m.||1:30 a.m.|
|5.||Extended Hours||4:00 p.m.||8:00 p.m.||1:30 a.m.||5:30 a.m.|
Note: Both Stock Exchanges, NYSE & NASDAQ have the same time.
Recommended: Most Expensive Stocks in India
USA Market Opening Time In India
1. USA Market Pre-Opening Hours in India
During Pre-Opening Hours, the orders are filed and entered before the opening session.
- (Eastern Standard Time): 3:30 a.m. – 4:00 a.m.
- (Indian Standard time): 1:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
2. USA Market Opening Session in India
The opening session is the period before the Core Trading session where there is some activity in the stocks can be seen. Many investors do trading during this session but the sell/purchase is very limited.
- (Eastern Standard Time): 4:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
- (Indian Standard time): 1:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
3. USA Market Core Trading Hours in India
The core Trading session is started after the “opening bell”. The opening bell marks the closing of the opening session and the start of the Core Trading Hours. These are the most active sessions of the trading. The core trading session is the main trading period in which all trading facilities function. Investors can sell/purchase commodities.
- (Eastern Standard Time): 9.30 a.m. – 4.00 p.m.
- (Indian Standard time): 7:00 p.m. – 1:30 a.m.
4. USA Market Closing Auction Freeze Period in India
The closing prices are calculated and all regular trading facilities are halted.
- (Eastern Standard Time): 3:59 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- (Indian Standard time): 1:29 a.m. -1:30 a.m.
5. USA Market Extended Hours in India
During extended hours, investors can capitalize and react to business news. Earlier, extended hours sessions were only accessible by “rich investors”, but now any investors can trade during this period. The closing price is determined in the early extended hours.
- (Eastern Standard Time): 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- (Indian Standard time): 1:30 a.m. – 5:30 a.m.
USA Stock Market Working Days
The U.S. Stock market runs from Monday to Friday. The market happens to be closed during the weekends. A list of U.S. Stock Market Holidays is shared below.
In the US, the stock exchange opens at 9:30 am and closes at 4:00 pm. According to Indian Standard Timing (IST), the U.S. stock market opens from 7:00 p.m. to 1:30 a.m.
Note: Both Stock Exchanges, NYSE & NASDAQ have the same Working days.