Spotify is one of the most popular music streaming services in the world, with over 345 million active users.
One of the features that you rely on is the sleep timer, which allows you to fall asleep to your favorite music without worrying about your songs/ podcasts playing all night.
However, Many Spotify users have reported issues with the sleep timer function, which is designed to automatically stop playback after a certain amount of time.
In this article, we will go over some common causes of this problem and provide some troubleshooting steps.
Common Causes Of The Spotify Sleep Timer Not Working
There are a few common reasons why the Spotify sleep timer may not be working correctly.
One of the most common causes is a problem with the Spotify app itself.
This can be caused by a bug in the Spotify app or a problem with the version of the app that you are using.
Another common cause is a problem with your device, such as a low battery.
Troubleshooting Steps To Fix The Spotify Sleep Timer
If you are having problems with the Spotify sleep timer, there are a few troubleshooting steps that you can try to fix it.
The first step is to make sure that you are using the latest version of the Spotify app.
You can check for updates in the app store or play store.
Next, try restarting your device. This can help you to resolve any problems with the operating system or other applications that may be causing the problem.
Another step that you can try is to turn off the device and then turn it back on.
This can help to clear any temporary problems that may be causing the issue.
If you are still experiencing problems, you can try reinstalling the Spotify app. This can help to resolve any bugs or problems with the app itself.
How To Use The Spotify Sleep Timer?
Steps to Use the Spotify Sleep Timer:
- Open the Spotify app on your mobile device.
- Start playing the music or podcast episode that you want to listen to before bed.
- Tap the Now Playing bar at the bottom of the screen to bring up the full Now Playing screen.
- For podcasts, tap the moon icon to the right of the play button. For music, tap the three-dot menu in the top-right corner.
- Scroll to the bottom of the menu and tap on the Sleep Timer option.
- Select how long you want your tunes to play. You can choose to have the music go for 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 45 minutes, 1 hour, or until the end of the track.
- An on-screen notification will say “OK, your sleep timer is set.”
- If you want to check how much time you have left on your Sleep Timer, just tap the three-dot menu, then scroll down and you’ll see the time alongside the Sleep Timer logo.