Modern Banking has been shifting to being more and more mobile. Your phone is now considered a digital wallet that is used to authenticate payments and accounts.
Nowadays, registering your mobile number in an Indian Bank branch is mandatory when opening a new account.
There are still millions of customers that have old accounts which do not have mobile registration. This article will go over the benefits of registering your mobile number and the process to follow.
Steps to Register Mobile Number in Indian Bank
Step 1: Write an application/letter to the branch manager.
Step 2: Fill in all the important personal details like name, A/C no, Mobile number.
Step 3: Get a photocopy of your Aadhaar card and the other documents on blank paper.
Step 4: Cross sign the documents and get them checked by the bank executive, stamped.
Step 5: Fill in the form, add the mobile number and submit it to the home branch.
Step 6: Wait for it to get processed for 2-3 days.
Step 7: You will get a message from the bank stating that the number is active.
- Ensure that you get both sides of your aadhaar document photocopied.
- If you want to change the mobile number, then select on modify in the form
Benefits of Registering Mobile Number in Indian Bank
- Get frequent updates and keep an eye on your account details.
- You can take advantage of the One Time Password(OTP) facility to ensure security.
- Use mPIN for mobile banking and payment purposes.
- You can set up a UPI account to make payments and take advantage of the platform.
- One can use two-factor authentication to ensure maximum security.
- Get calls and messages from your Indian Bank executive regarding exciting offers.
- Use the SMS functionality for Banking purposes like getting a mini statement etc.
- Get instant support when calling the Indian Bank Helpline number
Getting your mobile number registered is an important step in gaining complete control over your account. It just adds to the security and convenience factor of your banking experience. Keep yourself updated and digitize your life.