As a WhatsApp user, we are familiar with disappearing messages, which is a new feature you can turn on for privacy purposes.
It’s a setting you can turn on for messages to disappear in 24 hours, 7 days, or 90 days after the time the messages are sent. And the chat will disappear after the chosen time.
This setting won’t affect messages you have previously sent or received in the chats.
In groups, only the group admin can turn on this setting. The main motive is to save the storage of WhatsApp
Sometimes we want to access the previous chat but because of the disappearing feature, it has disappeared. But unfortunately, we can’t access them normally.
But, Is it possible to recover a disappeared message on WhatsApp?
Here in this article, you will get to know how to recover disappeared messages on WhatsApp.
How To Recover Disappearing Messages On WhatsApp?
There is no direct way to recover disappearing messages on WhatsApp.
If the messages is put on disappearing mode after some time then they will disappear from sender and receiver side.
By there are some indirect ways you can recover disappearing messages on WhatsApp.
Here are some ways you can follow to recover disappeared messages on WhatsApp.
- When you reply to a message the message is quoted, you can see it even after the duration you have selected.
- If the disappearing message is forwarded to others, you can see it in their chatbox, because the message won’t disappear in forwarded chat.
- If WhatsApp messages are disappearing on your device, then you can take a backup of your data. The messages can be easily recovered by this method. But, note a point disappear message will be deleted when you restore from a backup.
- Sometimes, you can use third-party apps to recover the disappearing message on WhatsApp. All you need to do is download a third-party app and give access to it to manage WhatsApp, So you can recover all the disappearing chats from there.
- You can take a screenshot of a disappearing message and save it before it disappears.
- By default the media downloaded in WhatsApp will not disappear. You need to ON Auto-download for it.
Does Disappearing Messages Delete For Everyone On WhatsApp?
Yes, the disappearing messages will be deleted for everyone On WhatsApp.
If you are a group admin you can turn ON the disappearing messages feature, and the message will disappear after a fixed time from chat.
But if the disappeared message is quoted or forwarded, it won’t disappear in the forwarded chat.
If the other user didn’t check WhatsApp, the disappeared message will appear in the notification bar.
If the user backup its data before the message disappears, the message will be included in the backup.
The disappeared message can be seen by using a third-party app. So it basically depends on the other user settings.