The Full Form of MCWG is Motor Cycle with Gear.
RTO (Regional Transport Office) provides a different license for different categories of vehicles. MCWG License includes all the daily uses of sports or non-sports bikes we see on the road in our everyday life.
The main motive of the MCWG License is to allow anyone to drive two-wheeler vehicles legally (with government permission) with gear equipped specifically with engine capacities covering from 50 cc to unlimited cc.
- MCWG must have a manual transmission gear-based operation.
- MCWG license holders can drive a motorbike in any state of India.
Process to get MCWG license
- Applicants must be eligible to get the License; they should be aware of traffic rules and regulations and 18 years of age.
- Applicants must have a valid address, age, and identity proof.
- They should know to drive a bike (with gear equipped) properly.
- Can apply online for a License through the website “https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/” by filling in all the details.
- The offline method is also available by filling all the information in the form and can be submitted to the RTO office.
Limitation of MCWG
- MCWG license holders cannot drive other than two-wheelers vehicles.
Benefits of MCWG
- MCWG helps to drive legally.
- The MCWG license is portable, so we can easily carry it while traveling.
- We can also use an MCWG license for our identity proof.
- Earlier, we used to get an MCWG license in the form of a book, but now it has been converted into a smart card.
- If we lose our MCWG license, we don’t need to panic because we have our MCWG license intelligent card number to track and download our MCWG permit anytime, anywhere.
Driving License at a glance:
Driving License comes under two categories:
|For Personal Purpose2 wheeler||For Commercial purposes other than 2 wheeler|
|Mc50cc- D.L for 16-18 years old person vehicles the engine is less than 50cc. e.g., Moped.||LMVT- Light Motor vehicle Transport. Maximum gross weight up to 7,500Kg. e.g., Taxi, Delivery Van.|
|MCEX50cc- D.L for more than 50cc vehicles. e.g. – Scooty||MGV/GVM- Medium good vehicle. Maximum gross weight up to 12,000kg. e.g. – Delivery Van|
|MCWOG- D.L for without gear vehicle. e.g. – Scooty||HMV- Heavy motor vehicle.The maximum gross weight will be more than 12,000kg. (HGMV and HPMV comes under HMV)|
|MCWG- D.L for a geared vehicle. e.g. – BIKE (Splendor, Pulsar etc.)||HGMV- Heavy goods motor vehicle. e.g., Truck, Hyva, Dumper, etc.|
HPMV – Heavy passenger motor vehicle. e.g., Busses, Coaches.
|LMV-NT – D.L for equivalent or more than two-wheelers but Non-transport. e.g., Car, Van.||LDRXCV- Hydraulic heavy equipment used for commercial purposes.Trailer, Poclane, Crane, etc.|
A small nail is sufficient to destroy a journey by puncturing a tire, but our preparation can overtake hurdles & achieve a goal. Keep a correct driving license with you, follow the traffic rules, always drive with precaution & make your Journey graceful and memorable.