Apple Inc. is one of the top consumer brand product companies globally and has a vibrant ecosystem that consumers enjoy. Since 2014, Apple has been developing its payment standard called Apple Pay which makes payment easier for any IOS user.
It’s gained traction and wider acceptance among the industry but still has a long way to go. This begs the question-
Does McDonald’s use the Apple Pay platform or not? How does one avail of the payment services at the nearest Target store?
This article goes in-depth into all your queries and answers them to the best of our knowledge.
Does McDonald’s Take Apple Pay?
Yes, McDonald’s accepts Apple Pay as a payment method across the states(2021). They were one of the first corporations to adopt fast-food restaurants at Apple Pay’s launch on October 20, 2014.
Integrating Apple Pay into Mcdonald’s infrastructure has allowed them to better deal with rush hour. Customers can make faster payments without dealing with the hassles of multiple cards.
How to Use Apple Pay at McDonald’s?
The process to use Apple Pay at McDonald’s is fairly straightforward-
- Go to the check-out counter with all the products you want to purchase.
- Open your Apple device and use Face ID/Touch ID to validate your identity.
- Select the card you want to use at the check-out counter
- Every McDonald’s will have a contactless reader, which will scan for purchase and automatically occur.
Can I get Cashback While Using Apple Pay at McDonald’s?
If you do use the Apple Pay Card and the stores accept it, you will be eligible for cashbacks from Apple. There are no transactional limits for the cashback, and you will get them as many times as you transact. You can get up to 3% cashback on every transaction. Check the exact terms and conditions on the Apple website.
Apple Pay Card customers usually get a cashback for every purchase they make through the card. You can check for eligibility on the official Apple Website. If you are a regular shopper, it is recommended to use the Apple Pay Card so that you can get cash back with every transaction. This adds up to huge savings over a period of time.
Benefits of using Apple Pay at McDonald’s
Both Apple and McDonald’s have been working together to make it easy for customers to do effortless transactions.
- You can avail of discounts by adding the Debit Card to the Apple pay for savings with ease of use.
- Apple pay is highly secure and avoids the unnecessary hassle of carrying too many cards.
- Apple Pay significantly speeds up their check-out lines and reduces dependence on cash.
- You Can one-click payment using Apple Pay.
Other Payment Options at McDonald’s
McDonald’s provides customers a wide range of payment options to choose from-
- Make Traditional payments using cash
- Use Debit/Credit card with MasterCard, Visa, Amex, Discover etc
- You can make payments using Digital Wallets like Google Pay, Samsung Pay.
- PayPal using Digital Wallets
McDonald’s customers get to enjoy a wide variety of payment options when visiting their favorite fast food restaurant.
So now you know everything there is to know about using Apple Pay at McDonald’s. The digital wallet revolution makes it far more easy and secure to make transactions in McDonald’s.
Apple Pay is an increasingly popular mode of payment, so make use of its convenience whenever possible! Live a cash and card-free life with Apple Pay as your one-stop wallet to make the purchase easy. It is better to call them up in advance and confirm, or always carry a secondary payment option with you.