The full form of IBPS is Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. This entity is a self-regulating research and development centric institute that administers IBPS exams. IBPS is the administering as well as the managing body for RBI, NIBM, and India’s Finance Ministry.
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is a governmental bank personnel recruitment agency that works to embolden the recruitment of young personnel in Indian government banks.
Moreover, the agents from the insurance agency and open bank strive to include themselves in a challenging procedure in order to strive towards a profitable and fruitful result.
There are numerous banks that take IBPS scores into consideration, and they are as follows:
- Allahabad Bank,
- Andhra Bank,
- Canara Bank,
- Dena Bank,
- Banks of Baroda,
- Syndicate Bank,
- UCO Bank,
- United Bank of India,
- Indian Overseas Bank,
- Union Bank of India,
- Oriental Bank of Commerce,
- Central Bank of India,
- Corporation Bank
- Punjab National Bank,
- Sindh Bank.
This administering body organizes more than 400 evaluations annually via various meetings.
Purpose of IBPS
This governmental agency recruits personnel under the regulation of the Ministry of Finance, Government of India, with the primary motive of progression of the placement and recruitment of young personnel in the Indian government banks.
Highlights and Significance Of IBPS
- The governmental administering and monitoring body was established in 1975 as a Personnel Selection agency to provide their impeccable services.
- With the assent of Reserve Bank of India and government banks, the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection was changed into an autonomous-regulatory entity.
- IBPS in the year 2011 initiated CWE, a Common written examination to enroll participants in the sector of public banks.
- At present, the IBPS is a mandatory body to initiate jobs in the government sector bank or territorial banks in rural areas.
Future Vision of IBPS
The government recruitment personnel agency holds a future vision to execute and build an impeccable system and process for the evaluation and recruitment of personnel in an organization for their clients. The IBPS also recruits personnel for the implementation of relevant research and dissemination of the outcome.
This agency is managed by a governing board. The director of IBPS works as a Chief Executive Officer and fulfills his duties and functions properly after coordination with the other department heads.
This government agency organizes an online exam annually. You can submit online applications for initiating the process of selection to the board. The board then reviews your application and then conducts the recruitment process in several locations in the country.
The Eligibility Criteria For The Recruitment Process Of IBPS
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is a self-regulatory body; the agency has set up quite challenging criteria for the recruitment process.
The agency has set up a few fundamental conditions for a participant to apply for the recruitment process. The eligibility criteria for the process is as follows:
- The applicant must have a 4-years of college degree, i.e., a graduation degree.
- The applicant must have advanced knowledge of computer and Internet examinations.
- The applicants who are applying for the special posts must have a post-graduation degree, course certificate, and council participation experience.
- This eligibility criterion includes management, accounting, Law, and IT knowledge.