Uber is a very convenient, inexpensive and safe taxi service.
It provides many features to its users.
Among all, one is building Family Profiles on the Uber app.
But the real problem is that many are facing trouble with this very feature of the Uber application.
Setting up a Family profile keeps your loved ones covered when they’re on the go.
It lets you pay for trips and get real-time location updates, all from a single app.
And if you use the same but cause trouble with that.
Then, don’t worry.
In this guide, we will discuss what are the reasons behind Uber Family Profile disabled and how to overcome or fix the same.
What Are The Reasons Behind Uber’s Family Profile Disabled?
There could have been several reasons that your Uber app family profile has been disabled.
Below here we have mentioned some of the major reasons that may cause the same.
These are as follows:
- If you have recently deleted your family profile and have tried to reset it again then there are chances that you have not seen that Uber has temporarily disabled this feature for now.
- If you are a new user of the Uber app, then you may get to use the feature of Family Profile on Uber because it is available to only existing users.
- It may be possible that the decision to disable the feature is considered seriously by Uber and that it’s with everybody’s account.
- If you have been blocked by the Uber app, then you may not be able to have access to Family Profile in the Uber app.
- Many a time issues may occur because of a cache in the application. Cache may lead to temporary bugs and the features of the app will stop running smoothly and optimally.
- The issue may arise if they haven’t updated the Uber app. Because outdated or old versions of the Uber app may not have some major features.
- If there is an issue with the app because sometimes there may be some temporary bugs or glitches arising within the app or there may also be the possibility of a server outage. These all reasons may prevent you from getting access to various app features.
You need to find the right cause of the issue.
After finding the right cause, you need to fix the same.
Below here we have mentioned some of the major fixes that can help you in getting rid of this.
So, look for the same.
How To Fix Uber Family Profile Disabled?
1. Update The Uber App To The Latest Version
If you or your family members notice features not working on your family profile, it’s likely that you need to update your app.
Because if there is an update already available of the Uber app and you have not updated.
Using an old or outdated version of the Uber application will cause this same issue.
Also using the old or outdated version of the app leads to slow functioning which hints at pending updates of your application.
Therefore it becomes very important to check for any recent changes to ensure the apps’ smooth functioning.
To do so, follow the instructions below:
If you’re using an iPhone:
- Go to the Apple App Store
- Search for Uber
- Tap Update.
If you’re using an Android
- Go to the Google Play Store
- Search for Uber
- Tap Update.
Thereafter quit and restart the Uber app.
2. Check For Uber Community Guidelines
Sometimes it happens that Uber has changed its policies or guidelines in regard to various features.
In this case, you need to check for Uber’s most recent altered policies or guidelines.
As there is a piece of information came that Uber is letting only its existing users use the Family Profile feature in the app.
Therefore, if you are the one who is new to the Uber app or if you are an old user but hadn’t abled Family profile ever.
Then you may face trouble whenever you try to get access to Uber Family Profile feature because of its change in policies and the terms which allow only old or existing users to have the same feature.
It may be possible that the decision to disable the feature is considered seriously by Uber and that it’s with everybody’s account.
If you have recently deleted your family profile and have tried to reset it again then there are chances that you have not seen that Uber has temporarily disabled this feature for now.
So, you must get in touch or check for the Uber app’s updated policies and new terms.
3. Check If You Have Been Blocked
Sometimes it also happens that Uber has blocked you.
They do not have to have any reason for it.
In this case, review their terms and policies to see if you’ve unintentionally breached any rules.
Although few apps don’t provide a direct way to check if you’ve been blocked.
However, common signs might include not receiving notifications, not able to order online and not having access to several features is one of them.
Therefore, how will you check if you have been blocked or not?
In this case, all you can do is try to use the same feature from a different account.
For this, follow these steps:
- Open the Uber App.
- Tap on the Settings option.
- Scroll down and click on the Account option.
- Tap on Logout.
After logging out, you will be directed to the app’s login screen.
- Then tap on Add Another Account.
- Enter new account credentials.
You might need to go through a verification step or confirm access to your account through a link sent to your email which you had provided.
Once you are logged into the new account, you can try to go back to the account settings and manage your profile.
And further, to use the Uber Family Profile feature.
4. Wait And Retry
It’s important to note that while updating an app can often resolve these issues, there might be cases where the problem lies with the website’s servers or infrastructure, and updating alone might not be sufficient to solve the problem.
And when the error is temporary due to server issues.
Wait for a while and then try using it again.
Also, it may be possible that heavy traffic on the Uber app or some technical glitch has arisen leading to trouble with the said feature.
As it may be possible that the server is under maintenance or is facing unexpected failures.
When many users are on the app at the same time the app may not fetch data and this may cause server downtime.
In this case, you have to wait for some time and try again later.
You can check the server status of Uber by clicking here.
You can also collect the latest information through their social media pages like Twitter. You can check the latest hashtags regarding this issue on Twitter.
You can also tweet by your account and retweet or comment on the issue under the tweets of Uber.
5. Clear Uber App Cache
A mobile app’s performance diminishes or degrades or its features stop working when its available storage space is exhausted.
It is thus important to do regular checks on all hardware and software to determine whether or not there is an excess of extra storage space.
Below here are the steps to delete the Uber app history and cache:
Clearing the Cache on Android:
- Go to “Settings” on your Android device.
- Scroll down and select “Apps”.
- Find and tap on the “Uber” app.
- Then you will see options like “Storage” or “Storage & cache.” Tap on it.
- Look for the “Clear cache” button and tap on it to clear the app’s cache.
Clearing the Cache on iOS (iPhone/iPad):
- Go to the home screen of your iOS device.
- Find and tap on the “Settings” app.
- Scroll down and select “General.”
- Next, tap on “iPhone Storage”.
- Locate and tap on the “Uber” app from the list of installed apps.
- On the app’s storage screen, you should see an option to “Offload App”.
- Click on it. And then by following the above steps, it will clear the cache from the Uber app.
6. Contact Uber Customer Support
After trying the above-mentioned fixes if you are still facing any difficulty in resolving the issue then you may contact The Uber Support Team for the same by clicking here.