Are you also facing the issue related to the Tumblr post? If your answer is Yes then you are not alone. Don’t Worry! In this issue you will be unable to post anything which you like on Tumblr.
It is very frustrating for the users that in spite of their multiple attempts their request to make posts is kept declining by Tumblr.
Not only to do posts but also editing the same has not been accepted by Tumblr. You can still like and reblog posts but whenever you hit the post button, nothing happens.
Are you also experiencing the same issue? If your answer is Yes then you are at the right place. In this guide, we’ll discuss why Tumblr won’t let you post and how to fix it. Keep reading the article to get rid of this problem.
Why Tumblr Won’t Let You Post?
There may be several reasons behind this problem like internet issues, technical issues etc. Some of them are explained below:
- If the operator’s server is down or under maintenance then you may face this issue. If there are reported outages then you may face this glitch.
- It might be possible that you have a weak or unstable network connection and as a result you are experiencing this glitch.
- Tumblr timely updates its site and it’s important to use a modern browser that supports all the latest features. If you are using an old or outdated version of the browser then you might have trouble while posting on Tumblr.
- Accumulated browser data or cache and cookies sometimes interfere with website functionality and you may face this bug.
- If you have installed too many extensions in your browser then sometimes they might interfere with Tumblr working.
How To Fix Tumblr Won’t Let Me Post
1. Log Out And Log Back In
To fix some minor issues or glitches which may not let you post to Tumblr you can try logging out of Tumblr and then log back into your account.
Here is the guide to log out from Tumblr:
- Click on your Profile picture at the top – right corner of the Tumblr dashboard.
- In the dropdown menu, click on “Log Out”.
To log back in follow these steps:
- Go to the Tumblr Homepage.
- Click on the “LogIn” button.
- Enter your login credentials.
- Click on the Login button to access your account.
Now, check whether the issue is resolved or not. Logging out and logging back in refreshes your session and helps in removing temporary glitches or issues that might be affecting the functionality of Tumblr can resolve the issue.
2. Check For Website Updates Or Maintenance
If the website is under maintenance or updates then the server will be offline and you might face this issue.
Click here to check the server status of Tumblr.
Also check official forums, social media pages like Twitter for further information regarding solutions to the problem of Tumblr won’t let you post.
All you need to do is wait for some time and try again later when the server will be back online.
3. Check For Stable Internet Connection
Ensure that you have a strong and stable internet connection with adequate speed. If you have a strong internet connection then it will boost the performance of the website and help in removing unnecessary bugs.
You can check your internet speed by clicking here.
You can try enabling or disabling the airplane mode and if it doesn’t work then switch to WiFi networks.
You can also try restarting your router or modem if you are having problems with your internet connection.
You can also reboot your WiFi router if needed follow these steps to do so:
- Simply switch off the router and unplug it from all the devices and power supply.
- Wait for 3 minutes and then plug it in again.
- Now wait for the signal to come back and now connect to the internet through it.
4. Clear Browser’s Cache & Cookies
Try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies and then attempt to check again that it is letting you to post or not because sometimes accumulated browser data can interfere with the functionality of the website.
Clearing browser’s cache and temporary internet files help your website to run smoothly and optimally.
Steps to Clear browser’s cache on Android:
- Open your browser.
- Click on Menu > Settings and then on Privacy.
- Click on Clear Browsing data at the bottom of the screen and then tap on Clear.
Steps to clear browser’s cache in iOS:
- Go to the settings from your home screen.
- Click on Safari.
- At the bottom of the Safari’s settings screen, tap on clear history and website data and then tap on clear history and data to confirm.
5. Contact Customer Care
If you have tried all of the above mentioned fixes and are still facing the issue with Tumblr then you can contact customer care through the website by clicking here.
They should be able to help you troubleshoot your issue and provide guidance on resolving it. Try to provide them with details of your problem with screenshots or screen recording if possible.