If you’re a Diablo 4 player, you may have encountered an error message that says “the game assets between the client and the server don’t match.”
The full error message says-“DISCONNECTED FROM SERVER, The game assets between the client and the server don’t match“.
This error message can be frustrating since it can prevent you from playing the game.
However, there are several ways to fix this issue and get back to playing Diablo 4.
What Causes “The Game Assets Between The Client And The Server Don’t Match” On Diablo 4
One of the most common reasons for the “game assets between the client and the server don’t match” error is outdated game files.
If you haven’t updated your game in a while, it’s possible that your game files are no longer compatible with the server.
Another possible solution to the “game assets between the client and the server don’t match” error is to delete your game cache.
The game cache stores temporary files that can sometimes cause issues with the game.
How To Fix “The Game Assets Between The Client And The Server Don’t Match” On Diablo 4
If you are encountering the “game assets between the client and the server don’t match” error on Diablo 4, it means that there is a mismatch between the game files on your computer and the ones on the game server.
Here are some steps that you can take to fix the issue:
1. Restart The Game Client
Sometimes, simply restarting the game client can help resolve the issue.
Close the game client, wait for a few minutes, and then try launching the game again.
2. Verify Game Files
The next step is to verify the game files on your computer to ensure that they match the ones on the game server.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Battle.net launcher and select Diablo 4.
- Click on the Options menu and select Scan and Repair.
- Wait for the process to complete and then try launching the game again.
3. Check Your Internet Connection
Ensure that you have a stable internet connection and that there are no issues with your network. You can try restarting your router or modem to see if that helps.
You can check the network speed by clicking here.
4. Update Your Game
Ensure that your game is up-to-date with the latest patches and fixes.
If you are playing an outdated version of the game, then it may cause this error to occur.
5. Disable Any Firewall Or Antivirus Software
Sometimes, firewall or antivirus software can interfere with the game client and cause an error.
Try disabling any such software temporarily and then try launching the game again.
- How To Fix “The Operation Was Canceled Error Code 300010” On Diablo 4
- How To Fix Diablo 4 Error Code 316005
- How To Fix The Finals Fatal Error Downloading Failed When Launching The Game
- How To Fix “Steam Connection Error” In Counter-Strike 2 (CS2)
- How To Fix “Matchmaking Failed Connection To Matchmaker Was Lost” In The Finals