Are you also facing some trouble with the Uber application whenever you try to make a payment and receive an error message- “Oops!
Something went wrong.
Please try again later. Uber is a very convenient, inexpensive and safe car service.
Users of Uber pay for their rides within the app using their smartphones.
But the app is receiving a lot of criticism from its users.
Because now and then they have been facing many problems with the Uber app.
Of course, it will be frustrating when it’s not working – especially if you need to get somewhere in a hurry.
Among all issues users are facing, one of them is the error message they have been receiving while making payments into the Uber app.
If you are facing the same issue, then don’t worry.
In this guide, we will discuss what causes Oops something to go wrong with payment on Uber and how to fix the same.
What Causes Oops Something Went Wrong Payment On Uber?
“Oops, something went wrong please try again later” is a generic error message that users often encounter on websites, apps, or services when there is an issue processing a payment or completing a transaction.
There can be various reasons behind this error message, including:
- If you are using the wrong payment method that the Uber app does not support or it may be possible that the payment credentials that you are entering are wrong.
- If there is a lack of internet connection, then probably you can get this error message.
- It may happen because of high demand i.e. many people are ordering at one time because of which the app or website is overloaded. Another reason may be technical glitches like server maintenance issues leading to this issue.
- Many a time issues may occur because of a cache in the application. Cache may lead to temporary bugs and the app will stop running smoothly and optimally.
- An outdated version of the app may be another reason for this issue because you may face some temporary glitches.
You need to find the right cause of the issue that results in showing you this error message.
After finding the right cause, you need to fix the same.
Below here we have mentioned some of the major fixes that can help you in getting rid of this error message while payment.
So, look for the same.
How To Fix Uber Oops Something Went Wrong Payment?
1. Double-Check The Payment Information Which You Have Entered
Sometimes it happens that you have entered payment credentials wrong.
If you have done the same, then there are possibilities that you will get the error message, ” Oops Something went wrong.
Please try again later.”
Before placing your order, checking your payment credentials has multiple benefits.
It ensures that the transaction is legitimate, prevents fraud, ensures accuracy and most importantly provides a confirmation of your order.
When ordering online, you can check your payment credentials by reviewing the payment information you’ve entered before completing the transaction.
Make sure the credit/debit card number, expiration date, CVV, and billing address are accurate.
Many websites or apps also provide an option to save payment information for future use, which you can manage in your account settings.
Always ensure you’re on a secure and trusted website or app before entering your payment details.
2. Try A Different Payment Method
Many times it happens that there is an issue raised with a certain method of payment that you have been trying.
In this case, you need to make sure that the method of payment you are using is supported by the Uber app because some apps may have restrictions on certain methods of payment or cards.
Like, some apps may support only a master card but not a visa card.
You can also switch to an alternative payment method if one method is not working.
Sometimes, technical glitches may have arisen in that particular bank server or payment method which you are using.
With this, you also need to ensure that the billing address you’re entering matches the address associated with your payment method.
To complete your purchase, add a different payment method, then remove the old one.
To add a different payment method for online purchases, follow these steps:
- Open your Uber app.
- Go to your profile icon on the bottom right of the app.
- Tap on “WALLET”
- Select the card you’d like to update from your existing payment methods.
- Tap “Remove payment method” or “Edit card” then click “Save” in the confirmation pop-up.
An active Uber account requires at least one payment method at all times.
If you want to delete the only payment method registered to your account, add a new payment method first.
3. Ensure Good Internet Connection
You may be unable to continue through the checkout process in the app if you do not have an internet connection.
Try switching off mobile data and switching to a Wifi network instead.
It is also needed that the Wifi is placed near the device for better signal strength.
While experiencing a slow or no internet connection, it is suggested to reboot wifi router.
It depends on the internet usage and how often it is needed to reboot our wifi router.
These are the steps to follow in restarting the wifi router:
- Simply switch off the router and unplug it from all the devices and power supply.
- Wait for 3 minutes and then plug it in again.
- Now wait for the signal to come back and now connect to the internet through it.
Ensure that you have a stable and strong internet connection and adequate speed.
If you have a strong internet connection then it’ll boost the performance of the app and help in removing the glitches.
You can check your internet speed by clicking here.
4. Restart The Uber App
Sometimes the error that you receive while payment might be temporary.
And you can fix the error issue just by closing and reopening the Uber app.
Closing and reopening the app completely may fix temporary bugs and glitches that are arising and causing the malfunction.
5. Wait And Retry
It’s important to note that while restarting an app can often resolve these issues, there might be cases where the problem lies with the website’s servers or infrastructure, and restarting alone might not be sufficient to solve the problem.
And when the error is temporary due to server issues.
Wait for a while and then try placing your order again.
Also, it may be possible that heavy traffic on the Uber app or some technical glitch has arisen leading to trouble while processing.
As it may be possible that the server is under maintenance or is facing unexpected failures.
When many users are on the app at the same time the app may not fetch data and this may cause server downtime.
In this case, you have to wait for some time and try again later.
You can check the server status of Uber by clicking here.
You can also collect the latest information through their social media pages like Twitter. You can check the latest hashtags regarding this issue on Twitter.
You can also tweet by your account and retweet or comment on the issue under the tweets of Uber.
6. Update The Uber App To The Latest Version
If there is an update already available and you have not updated.
Using an old or outdated version of the Uber application will cause the same issue.
Also using the old or outdated version of the app leads to slow functioning which hints at pending updates of your application.
Therefore it becomes very important to check for any recent changes to ensure the apps’ smooth functioning.
7. Clear Uber App Cache
A mobile app’s performance diminishes or degrades when its available storage space is exhausted.
It is thus important to do regular checks on all hardware and software to determine whether or not there is an excess of extra storage space.
Below here are the steps to delete the Uber app history and cache:
Clearing the Cache on Android:
- Go to “Settings” on your Android device.
- Scroll down and select “Apps”.
- Find and tap on the “Uber” app.
- Then you will see options like “Storage” or “Storage & cache.” Tap on it.
- Look for the “Clear cache” button and tap on it to clear the app’s cache.
Clearing the Cache on iOS (iPhone/iPad):
- Go to the home screen of your iOS device.
- Find and tap on the “Settings” app.
- Scroll down and select “General.”
- Next, tap on “iPhone Storage”.
- Locate and tap on the “Uber” app from the list of installed apps.
- On the app’s storage screen, you should see an option to “Offload App”.
- Click on it. And then by following the above steps, it will clear the cache from the Uber app.
8. Contact Uber Customer Support
After trying the above-mentioned fixes if you are still facing any difficulty in resolving the issue then you may contact The Uber Support Team for the same by clicking here.