If you’re an avid Mercari user, you know how frustrating it can be to encounter the dreaded “oops something went wrong” error message.
Whether you’re trying to make a purchase, list an item for sale, or simply browse the app, this error can cause a major roadblock in your Mercari experience.
Fortunately, there are several ways to troubleshoot and fix this issue, so you can get back to buying and selling with ease.
In this post, we’ll explore some common causes of the “oops something went wrong” error on Mercari and provide step-by-step solutions to help you resolve the problem.
How To Fix “Oops Something Went Wrong” On Mercari
1. Check Mercari’s Server Status
Before troubleshooting any further, it’s a good idea to check if Mercari’s servers are up and running.
You can do this by visiting the Mercari server status page, which tracks the status of popular apps and websites.
If Mercari is experiencing an outage or maintenance, you may need to wait until the issue is resolved before using the app again.
2. Clear Cache And Data
If Mercari’s servers are working fine, the next step is to clear the app’s cache and data.
This can help resolve any temporary glitches or conflicts that may be causing the error.
- Go to your device’s settings.
- Find the “Apps” or “Application Manager” section.
- Locate Mercari and select it.
- Select “Storage” or “Storage & Cache”.
- Select “Clear Cache” and “Clear Data”.
- Note that clearing data will sign you out of the app and delete any unsaved information.
3. Update Mercari To The Latest Version
If clearing the cache and data doesn’t work, try updating Mercari to the latest version.
Developers often release updates to fix bugs and improve performance, so installing the latest version may help resolve the error.
- Go to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Search for Mercari.
- If an update is available, select “Update” to install it.
4. Switch Internet Connection
Sometimes, the “oops something went wrong” error can be caused by a poor internet connection.
Try switching from Wi-Fi to mobile data, or vice versa, to see if that helps.
You can also try resetting your router or modem or moving closer to your Wi-Fi source.
5. Contact Mercari Support
If none of the above fixes work, it may be time to contact Mercari support for further assistance.