Are you experiencing random disconnecting issues while playing Lethal Company?
This can be a frustrating problem that can interrupt your gameplay and make it difficult to enjoy the game.
Fortunately, there are several solutions available that can help you fix this issue and get back to playing without any interruptions.
In this article, we will explore some of the most effective ways to fix Lethal Company random disconnecting issue, so you can get back to enjoying the game without any interruptions.
How To Fix Lethal Company Random Disconnecting Issue
1. Check Your Internet Connection
The first step in fixing random disconnecting issues in Lethal Company is to ensure that your internet connection is stable and strong.
Check your internet speed and connectivity by running a speed test and ensuring that your router is properly connected and configured.
If you have a weak or unstable internet connection, this can cause random disconnecting issues in Lethal Company.
2. Check Server Status
Checking the server status is an important step in fixing random disconnecting issues in Lethal Company.
You can join the Lethal Company Discord channel to get updates on server status and determine if the issue is caused by server problems.
If the servers are down or experiencing issues, you may need to wait for the game developers to resolve the issue.
In the meantime, you can try the other solutions mentioned above to fix the random disconnecting issue.
3. Restart The Lobby
One of the easiest solutions to fix random disconnecting issues in Lethal Company is to restart the lobby.
Some players have reported that restarting the lobby can help get around this issue. Simply exit the lobby and start a new one to see if this resolves the issue.
4. Update Your Drivers
Another common cause of random disconnecting issues in Lethal Company is outdated or corrupted drivers.
Ensure that your graphics card, sound card, and network drivers are up to date.
You can check for driver updates manually or use a driver updater tool to automate the process.
Here are the steps to update your drivers:
- Open the Device Manager by pressing the Windows key + X and selecting “Device Manager” from the menu.
- In the Device Manager, find the device that you want to update. It will be listed under one of the categories.
- Right-click on the device and select “Update driver” from the context menu.
- In the “Update Drivers” window, select “Search automatically for updated driver software”. Windows will search for the latest driver software and install it if it finds one.
- If Windows doesn’t find a new driver, you can try searching for one on the manufacturer’s website. To do this, select “Browse my computer for driver software” in the “Update Drivers” window, then select “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer”. Browse to the location where you saved the driver software, select the driver, and click “Next” to install it.
- Once the driver is installed, restart your computer to apply the changes.
5. Disable Firewall Or Antivirus
Sometimes, your firewall or antivirus software can interfere with Lethal Company’s network connectivity, causing random disconnecting issues.
Try disabling your firewall or antivirus temporarily to see if this resolves the issue. To do this,
- Open the Control Panel and click on “System and Security”.
- Click on “Windows Defender Firewall” and then click on the “Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off” option in the left-hand pane.
- Select the option to “Turn off Windows Defender Firewall” for both private and public networks.
- Click “OK” to save the changes.
If it does, you can add an exception for Lethal Company in your firewall or antivirus settings. To do this,
- Open the antivirus software that you have installed on your computer.
- Look for the option to disable the antivirus or firewall temporarily. This option may be found in the settings or preferences section of the software.
- Select the option to disable the antivirus or firewall and confirm the action if prompted.
- Once you have finished playing Lethal Company, remember to re-enable the antivirus or firewall to ensure that your computer stays protected.
6. Check Game Files Integrity
If none of the above solutions work, you can try verifying the integrity of your game files.
This will ensure that all game files are properly installed and not corrupted. To do this,
- Go to your Steam library Right-click on Lethal Company
- Select Properties
- Go to the Local Files tab
- Click Verify Integrity of Game Files.
7. Contact Customer Support
If none of the above solutions work, you can contact the customer support team for Lethal Company.
They may be able to provide additional assistance or troubleshoot the issue with you.