Grindr is a social networking and online dating app that focuses on members of the gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer communities.
Grindr has a cool feature called “Viewed Me” that lets you know who checked your profile.
But sometimes, like all tech stuff, it can have problems, like when it suddenly stops working.
This article will explain why this happens and give you ways to fix it and make it work again.
Why Grindr Viewed Me Not Working?
Grindr Viewed Me is a feature that allows users to see who has viewed their profile within the past 7 days by tapping on the eye icon at the top of their grid.
Some users have reported issues with the feature being delayed or not working properly.
Grindr’s “Viewed Me” might not work because of a few reasons.
Weak internet can make profiles and the list does not show up well.
If your app is old, it might not go along with this feature; new updates usually fix problems.
Also, if the server is having problems, “Viewed Me” and other things might not work as they should.
There have been many reports on the internet that this error especially occurs when there issue with the servers.
How To Fix Grindr Viewed Me Not Working?
Here are some fixes that might help you resolve this issue:
1. Check Your Internet Connection
Before making any adjustments, ensure that your internet connection is steady and stable.
Any disruption in the network can cause issues with Grindr.
Here are the steps to Check your internet connection:
- Turn off your router or modem, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
- If the problem persists, you can reset your network settings on your device. Go to the network settings menu and look for an option to reset or restart network settings.
- If you’re using Wi-Fi, try switching to a wired connection to rule out any potential wireless issues.
- Restart your router or modem to refresh the connection.
2. Check The Grindr Server Status
As mentioned earlier, this issue usually occurs due to technical problems with the server, such as maintenance.
In that case, check the server status for Grindr.
If the server is down for some reason, it’s recommended that you wait for some time and then try again later.
3. Check For Grindr Update
Make sure you have the newest Grindr version by going to your app store, searching for Grindr, and if an update is available install it.
This can often fix problems with viewing me not working.
4. Force Close The Grindr App
Sometimes this issue can be temporary in such cases closing the app and then restarting should resolve the issue.
To force close the Grindr app, swipe up from the bottom on iPhones or go to settings then find the Grindr app and click on the force stop button on Androids to close the app completely.
5. Clear Grindr Cache And Data
Sometimes, the Grindr cache stored on your device can become corrupted and cause issues with the application.
Try clearing the cache to see if the issue has been resolved or not.
Here are the steps to clear the cache and data on your device.
Steps for clearing cache and data on Android:
- Open Settings > Apps.
- Find and tap on the Grindr app.
- Tap on “Storage” or “Storage & cache.”
- Select “Clear cache” to remove temporary files.
- Optionally, you can tap on “Clear data” to delete all app data, including settings.
Steps for clearing cache and data on iOS:
- Open Settings and go to the list of installed apps.
- Locate and tap on the Grindr app.
- Choose “Offload App” or “Delete App” to remove it.
- Visit the App Store and reinstall the Grindr app.
- Launch the app, log in, and the cache and data will be cleared during reinstallation.
6. Contact Grindr Support
If the previous fixes didn’t work, contact Grindr support for more help.
They’re experts and can give you specific guidance to solve the issue.