Foxtel is a popular TV subscription service with lots of entertainment options.
Sometimes, users may face errors like F1075 while using it.
This error can be annoying for those who want to watch their favourite shows.
In this article, we’ll explain why this error happens and offer simple steps to fix it.
What Is Foxtel Playback Error F1075?
Foxtel Playback Error F1075 is a common issue that users face when trying to watch content on Foxtel.
The error shows up without a specific message and can be caused by poor internet connectivity, which interrupts the streaming.
Using unsupported devices or outdated app versions can also trigger this playback error.
Moreover, if you try to access content from a region that is not supported and has geographical restrictions, you might encounter the Foxtel Playback Error F1075.
How To Fix Foxtel Playback Error F1075?
If you encounter Foxtel Playback Error F1075, follow the troubleshooting steps to fix it and enjoy uninterrupted streaming.
1. Check Your Internet Connection
Before you start troubleshooting, first make sure that your internet connection is steady and stable.
Here are the steps to Check your internet connection:
- Turn off your router or modem, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
- If the problem persists, you can reset your network settings on your device. Go to the network settings menu and look for an option to reset or restart network settings.
- Try connecting your device to a different Wi-Fi network or switch to a cellular data network to see if the issue is specific to your current network.
- If possible, try connecting to the internet using a different device, such as a smartphone or tablet, to see if the issue is specific to your device.
2. Check For Foxtel App Update
Make sure you are using the latest version of the Foxtel app to avoid any issues with Foxtel.
To check for any new updates, visit the app store on your device, search for the Foxtel Foxtel app, and if an update is available, make sure to install it.
3. Disable VPN
If you’re using a VPN, turn it off when using Foxtel, as it can cause geographical restrictions and trigger the error.
4. Clear Foxtel App Cache And Data
Sometimes, clearing the cache might resolve an issue, such as f1075 on the Foxtel app.
After clearing the cache, check if the issue has been resolved or not.
Here are the steps for clearing the cache and date on your device.
Steps for clearing the cache and data on Android:
- Open Settings > Apps.
- Find and tap on the Foxtel app.
- Tap on “Storage” or “Storage & cache.”
- Select “Clear cache” to remove temporary files.
- Optionally, you can tap on “Clear data” to delete all app data, including settings.
Steps for clearing the cache and data on iOS:
- Open Settings and go to the list of installed apps.
- Locate and tap on the Foxtel app.
- Choose “Offload App” or “Delete App” to remove it.
- Visit the App Store and reinstall the Foxtel app.
- Launch the app, log in, and the cache and data will be cleared during reinstallation.
5. Uninstall And Reinstall The Foxtel App
If none of the above-mentioned solutions has worked, then try uninstalling the application from your device.
Afterward, check if the error f1075 on Foxtel exists or not.
6. Contact Foxtel Support
If the options mentioned earlier don’t work, contact Foxtel customer support and give them clear information about the issue and what you’ve already tried to fix it.