Nike is a big deal online, selling top-notch sports and lifestyle stuff.
Like any website, it may encounter errors that can hinder some issues.
The error ‘Error Parsing Response From Server’ is a common problem faced by Nike users.
The full error message reads: “Error parsing response from server“.
In this article, we will explore the potential causes of this error and explore effective solutions to fix it.
What Causes “Error Parsing Response From Server” On Nike?
The message “Error Parsing Response From Server” on Nike can show up in different situations.
For example, when you’re trying to buy something on Nike’s site, signing in, or sending a request.
This message can pop up for different reasons, as users have said.
Some have faced it when using Nike on their own computers, while others get it on AWS EC2 servers.
If your internet is slow or not steady, the server might not send the right response to what you want, and that’s why you see the error message.
We have identified several workarounds that could potentially resolve the issue.
However, if none of these workarounds work, it is advisable to seek further assistance by reaching out to the support team.
How To Fix “Error Parsing Response From Server” On Nike?
Here are some fixes that might help you with the issue:
1. Check Your Internet Connection
Before you do anything, make sure your internet is working well.
If your internet has problems, you might see an error like “Error Parsing Response From Server” on Nike.
Here are the steps to Check your internet connection:
- Turn off your router or modem, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
- If the problem persists, you can reset your network settings on your device. Go to the network settings menu and look for an option to reset or restart network settings.
- Try connecting your device to a different Wi-Fi network or switch to a cellular data network to see if the issue is specific to your current network.
- If possible, try connecting to the internet using a different device, such as a smartphone or tablet, to see if the issue is specific to your device.
2. Check The Server Status
Check if the Nike server has any issues, such as maintenance or technical problems.
In case the server is down for some reason, it is recommended that you wait for some time and then try again later.
3. Refresh The Page
Sometimes, the “Error Parsing Response From Server” can be caused due to a temporary glitch with the browser or the website.
In that case, simply refreshing the page can resolve such issues.
4. Check For Updates
If you’re facing this issue on the Nike app, make sure you’re using the newest version of Nike to avoid problems like “Error Parsing Response From Server.”
Check your app store for updates and install them if there are any.
5. Log Out And Log Back Into Your Account
Sometimes this issue can be temporary which can be resolved by logging out of your account and then logging back into the account.
After logging into your account, then check if the issue has been resolved or not.
6. Clear Nike App Cache And Data
Sometimes, the cache and data stored in your application can become corrupted and cause issues like “Error Parsing Response From Server” on Nike.
Try clearing the cache and data, and then check if this is what’s causing the issue.
Here are the steps to clear the cache and data on your device.
Steps to clear cache and data on Android:
- Open Settings > Apps.
- Find and tap on the Nike app.
- Tap on “Storage” or “Storage & cache.”
- Select “Clear cache” to remove temporary files.
- Optionally, you can tap on “Clear data” to delete all app data, including settings.
Steps to clear cache and data on iOS:
- Open Settings and go to the list of installed apps.
- Locate and tap on the Nike app.
- Choose “Offload App” or “Delete App” to remove it.
- Visit the App Store and reinstall the Nike app.
- Launch the app, log in, and the cache and data will be cleared during reinstallation.
7. Clear Cache And Data For Browser
If this error occurs on your browser, then try clearing the cache and cookies.
This would resolve any issues that have been caused by the corrupted data stored in your web browser.
Here are the steps to clear browser cache and cookies.
Steps To Clear Browser Cache And Cookies On Google Chrome:
- Click on the three-dot menu icon in the top-right corner of the browser window.
- Select “More tools” and then “Clear browsing data.”
- In the popup window, select “Cached images and files” and “Cookies and other site data.”
- Choose the time range for which you want to clear the data.
- Click on the “Clear data” button.
Steps To Clear Browser Cache And Cookies On Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on the three-line menu icon in the top-right corner of the browser window.
- Select “Options” and then “Privacy & Security.”
- In the “Cookies and Site Data” section, click on the “Clear Data” button.
- Check the boxes next to “Cookies” and “Cached Web Content.”
- Click on the “Clear” button.
Steps To Clear Browser Cache And Cookies On Safari:
- In the top menu, click on “Safari” and select “Preferences.”
- Go to the “Privacy” tab.
- Click on the “Manage Website Data” button.
- In the popup window, click on “Remove All” to clear all cookies and website data.
- Confirm by clicking “Remove Now.”
8. Contact Nike Support
If the things you tried didn’t work, it’s a good idea to ask Nike support for help.
They have experts who can give you the right advice for your situation.