Dart Charge, the payment system for using the Dartford Crossing in the United Kingdom, is designed to make the toll payment process seamless and efficient.
It’s supposed to be easy and smooth, but sometimes, like any online payment system, it might not work as expected.
In this article, we’ll look at the reasons why Dart Charge payment might not be working and give you some simple steps to fix the problem.
Why Is Dart Charge Payment Not Working?
The Dart Charge payment system has been causing issues for many drivers due to frequent crashes on the website caused by high demand.
This has left frustrated drivers unable to complete their payments for using the Dartford Crossing.
The Dart Charge has acknowledged this issue on Twitter and mentioned that they are working on a fix as soon as possible.
Adding to the problem, a new payment system has made things more complicated, leading National Highways to extend the payment deadline to help users dealing with these difficulties, which can include internet connection problems or technical glitches while accessing their Dart Charge accounts.
We were able to find some fixes that might reduce the chances of payment issues on Dart Charge.
How To Fix Dart Charge Payment Not Working?
If you are facing payment-related issues on Dart Charge, here are some fixes that might help you resolve the problem.
1. Check Your Internet Connection
Before making any adjustments, ensure that your internet connection is steady and stable.
Any disruption in the network can cause issues with the payment on Dart Charge.
Here are the steps to Check your internet connection:
- Turn off your router or modem, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
- If the problem persists, you can reset your network settings on your device. Go to the network settings menu and look for an option to reset or restart network settings.
- Try connecting your device to a different Wi-Fi network or switch to a cellular data network to see if the issue is specific to your current network.
- If possible, try connecting to the internet using a different device, such as a smartphone or tablet, to see if the issue is specific to your device.
2. Wait For Some Time And Then Try Again
As mentioned earlier this occurs due to server issues, if the server of Dart Charge is going through some issues, like maintenance or technical problems.
If the server is down for some reason, then the best thing you can do is wait for some time and then try the payment process again.
3. Verify Card Details
To make sure your payment goes smoothly, it’s important to be careful with your card details.
Double-check the card number, CVV, and billing address to avoid any problems with the transaction.
4. Update Payment Card
If your payment card has expired, update it with the correct information on the Dart Charge website to avoid any issues with your payment.
Keeping your card details updated is important for smooth toll payments at the Dartford Crossing.
5. Contact Dart Charge Support
If the previous fixes didn’t work, contact Dart Charge support at 0300 300 0120 for more help.
They are experts and can provide you with specific guidance to solve the issue.