Are you Unable to catch your favourite shows on Crunchyroll?
Are you Facing the message “Oops!
An error has occurred.” or “An error has occurred“?
What’s up with that, right?
Why are you getting the “An error has occurred” message on your screen?
So many questions would arise to you in such a situation.
Don’t sweat it, we’ve got your back.
You are at the right place to get a solution for this error, not only you there are many others too that are dealing with the same situation.
In this comprehensive guide, we’re going to delve deep into the world of Crunchyroll errors, dissecting their causes, and providing solutions to ensure you never miss a moment of your beloved shows.
What Are The Reasons For “An Error Has Occurred” On Crunchyroll?
1. Low Internet Connectivity
The most common culprit behind Crunchyroll errors is none other than your internet connection.
Your internet connection is the foundation of your online experience, including streaming on Crunchyroll.
If your internet connection is slow or unstable, it can lead to buffering issues and result in the” An error has occurred” popup.
High network traffic during peak hours can also affect Internet quality.
2. Watch Queue Is Filled Too Much
When you add multiple shows or episodes to your watch queue on Crunchyroll, the platform has to manage and process those requests.
If you have a long list of items in your queue, it can put a strain on Crunchyroll’s servers, especially during peak usage times.
This increased server load can result in slower response times and playback errors for users.
3. Crunchyroll’s Server Is Down
In some cases, the error message “An Error has occurred” might be due to temporary server problems on Crunchyroll’s end.
Crunchyroll, like any online streaming service, relies on a network of servers to deliver content to users.
These servers host the anime episodes and movies you want to watch.
When these servers are down or experiencing technical difficulties, it means that the content you’re trying to access is temporarily unavailable.
4. Crunchyroll App Is Not Updated
Running outdated versions of the Crunchyroll app or your streaming device’s firmware can result in compatibility issues.
If your Crunchyroll app is not updated timely then it can be the reason behind popping up “An error has occurred”.
Updating an app can deal with many internal software bugs or errors.
5. There Can Be Account Related Issues
There can be certain account-related issues like the expiry date of your account’s subscription pack, Crunchyroll flagging you for certain suspicious activity like simultaneously streaming at multiple devices with the same account, breaking any term or condition of Crunchyroll, etc.
In any of such cases, you would not be able to stream on Crunchyroll and therefore it can be a reason for showing up “An error has occurred”.
6. Web Browser Entensions Hindering In Crunchyroll’s Working
Installing numerous extensions on your web browser can impact its overall performance.
Extensions consume system resources, and when there are too many of them, it can lead to browser crashes, freezing, or slow loading times.
These issues can indirectly affect your Crunchyroll experience, causing interruptions and errors while streaming which further leads to popping up the error message An Error has Occurred on Crunchyroll.
How To Fix “An Error Has Occurred On Crunchyroll”?
1. Log Out And Log Into Crunchyroll
Sometimes, all it takes to resolve issues of “An Error Has Occurred” is logging out of your account and then logging back in.
It refreshes your session and can clear up minor glitches.
To log out and re-login to the Crunchyroll website in your browser you need to follow the following steps:
- Click on the “Profile icon” on the top right corner
- Scroll down to the bottom of the menu
- Tap on “Log Out”.
- To Re-login open a new tab in your browser and type “crunchyroll.com”.
- Click on the “Profile Icon” in the top right corner.
- Click on “log-in”.
- Enter your Username and password and Tap on “Log-in”.
To log out and re-login to the Crunchyroll app on your Smartphone you need to follow the following steps:
- Navigate to your Crunchyroll App and open it
- Access Account Settings.
- Scroll down and click on “Log Out” option.
- Confirm Logout by tapping “Yes”.
- Exit the Crunchyroll app.
- To relog-in open the Crunchyroll app.
- Click on “Log in” option.
- Enter your credentials.
- Click on “Login”.
To log out and re-login to the Crunchyroll app in your Smart TV you need to follow the following steps:
- Navigate to the “Main Menu” on the home screen
- Find and Click on the “Crunchyroll App” to open it.
- Access Account Settings.
- Click On “Log Out”.
- Exit the Crunchyroll app
- To re-login open the Crunchyroll app and Select “Login”.
- Enter Your credentials.
- Click on “Login”.
- You should get an activation code on your screen.
- Now go to a laptop or a smartphone and visit the activation service at crunchyroll.com/activate.
- Now Enter the activation code where prompted.
2. Check Your Internet Connection
Ensure your internet speed meets the minimum requirements for streaming on Crunchyroll.
For smooth, uninterrupted streaming, you generally need at least 5 Mbps for HD content.
If you are using a cellular network then you can try switching to WiFi.
If you are already using a WiFi connection then you can try disconnecting your Wi-Fi and keep it off for a couple of seconds, Then turn on your Wi-Fi to check if Crunchyroll is working properly or not.
3. Uninstall And Reinstall The Crunchyroll App
Sometimes, Uninstalling and reinstalling itself can tackle a lot of unknown bugs which can further help in solving the issue of An error has occurred on the Crunchyroll app.
To Uninstall and Reinstall the Crunchyroll app on Android Follow the following steps:
- To uninstall Crunchyroll on Android, go to the “Play Store”, search for “Crunchyroll”, open up Crunchyroll’s store page, and then click “Uninstall”
- If you are prompted to Uninstall this app?, click the “Uninstall” button again.
- To reinstall, just click the “Install” button
To Uninstall and Reinstall the Crunchyroll app on iOS Follow the following steps:
- To uninstall Crunchyroll on iOS, find the “Crunchyroll” icon on your home screen, press down, and hold it until a dropdown appears, then click “Delete App”.
- To reinstall Crunchyroll on iOS, go to the “App Store”, search for “Crunchyroll”, and click “GET”.
To Uninstall and Reinstall the Crunchyroll app on smart TV Follow the following steps:
- To Delete the Crunchyroll App on your Smart TV From the Home screen, scroll to “Settings”.
- Click “TV Device Manager”, select Show App List.
- Choose the Crunchyroll app.
- Select “Delete”
- Click “OK”.
- To re-install the Crunchyroll app on a smart TV, open the App Store on your Smart TV and Search For the “Crunchyroll App”.
- Click On The “Download” option to download and install it.
4. Clear Crunchyroll Watch Queue
It can create a load on Crunchyroll’s server if you have accumulated too much stuff in your watch queue.
Therefore it would be a great idea to clear your watch queue from time to time to reduce the probability of showing up “An error has occurred on Crunchyroll”.
To Clear Crunchyroll’s Watchlist From the smartphone Follow the following steps:
- If you use the Crunchyroll App, go to “My Account”.
- Tap on “My List”.
- Select the show you want to remove and click “Remove from Watchlist”.
To Clear Crunchyroll’s Watchlist From the website Follow the following steps:
- To remove shows from your watchlist on your PC browser, log into your account.
- Select the Menu icon on the top-right corner of your screen.
- Go to “Queue”.
- Tap on “My Queue”.
- Select the shows you want to delete and delete them.
To Clear Crunchyroll’s Watchlist From the Smart TV Follow the following steps:
- Open The Crunchyroll App
- Click on the “Queue” Option.
- Click on “My Queue”.
- Click on the anime series you want to delete one by one and click on “Delete”
- Follow the same steps if you use a PlayStation.
5. Clear Cache Of Crunchyroll App
If You use the Crunchyroll app for streaming anime series then you should clear your Crunchyroll’s app-cache to reduce app load on your phone’s RAM.
Too much load on your Phone’s RAM can cause errors in the processing of the Crunchyroll app.
To Clear the Cache of the Crunchyroll app on Android Follow the following steps:
- Open the “Settings” app on your Android device.
- Now, go to “Storage>Apps” and then search for Crunchyroll.
- Once you find it, tap on the app and select the “Clear Cache” option.
To Clear the Cache of the Crunchyroll app on iOS Follow the following steps:
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone
- Now, find the “Crunchyroll” app from the list.
- Once found, tap on it and scroll below.
- You will now see an option that says, “Clear temp data on next start”.
- Toggle it on and then open the Crunchyroll app.
To Clear the Cache of the Crunchyroll app on Smart TV Follow the following steps:
- Go to “Settings”
- Click on “TV Device Manager”.
- Click on “Clean Memory” and “Clear Running Apps”.
6. Check Crunchyroll Server
Before engaging in other solutions, you must ensure the problem “An Error Has Occurred” isn’t from Crunchyroll’s server.
You can check on DownDetector for Crunchyroll’s Server status.
If there’s a problem with Crunchyroll’s server, you’ll be able to see a chart of recent outages and their current status.
If there are reported outages, you may need to wait sometime for the servers to be fixed internally before you can watch Crunchyroll again.
7. Update The Crunchyroll App
To check any updates available for the Crunchyroll app you need to go to Play Store or Apple Store depending upon your phone and update the Crunchyroll App if any update is available.
To Update the Crunchyroll app on Android Follow the following steps:
- Open the Google Play Store app on your Android device.
- Tap on the “three horizontal lines” located at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Select “My apps & games” from the drop-down menu.
- Find Crunchyroll in the list of apps and tap on the “Update” button.
- Wait for the update to complete, and launch the app.
To Update the Crunchyroll app on iOS Follow the following steps:
- Open the App Store app on your iOS device.
- Tap on your “profile picture” located at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and find “Crunchyroll” in the list of apps.
- Tap on the “Update” button next to the Crunchyroll app.
- Wait for the update to complete, and launch the app.
To Update the Crunchyroll app on Smart TV Follow the following steps:
- To Update the Crunchyroll app on smart TV Open The “App Store” on the smart TV.
- Search for “Crunchyroll App”.
- Click on “Crunchyroll app”
- Click on “Update”.
- Wait for the update to complete and launch the app.
8. Disable Web Browser Extensions
While many extensions are useful, some can interfere with the proper functioning of websites, including Crunchyroll.
Therefore, you need to turn off or disable certain extensions in your browser.
To turn off your browser’s extensions you need to follow the following steps:
- Go to the “SETTINGS” of your web browser.
- Select the “EXTENSIONS” option.
- Turn off all the extensions.
- Refresh the Crunchyroll page.
9. Contact Crunchyroll Help&Support
If you’ve tried all the troubleshooting steps above and still can’t shake that pesky error message of An error has occurred on Crunchyroll, it’s time to reach out to Crunchyroll’s customer support.
They’re the experts when it comes to resolving platform-specific issues.