Unarc.Dll is a dynamic link file that can be used by various applications to decompress a file that is compressed by specific algorithms.
You can see the Unarc.Dll file in various applications.
If the file is corrupted or Missed, it throws an error and stops you from installing and updating existing applications in your system.
You cant even extract the decompressed file from archival, and you will get the following error message: “ISDone.dll: An error occurred while decompressing: Archive header is corrupt Archive Header returned an error code -14 Error: this is not FreeArc archive or this archive is corrupt”
Following this article, you can find the fix for Archive Header Is Corrupted Unarc.Dll Code 14 and the causes.
Why Does Archive Header Is Corrupted Unarc.Dll Code 14 Error Occur?
Archive Header Is Corrupted Unarc.Dll Code 14 Error means you cannot install, decompress, update, or run an application since the file Unarc.Dll is corrupted or not having enough space in the system to load the software components.
The error is due to the following resons:
- Corruption in Unarc.dll file
- Junk files in the windows operating system and not enough space to write temporary files
- OS compatibility issue
- Missing Unarc.dll file or Windows firewall setting and antivirus software deleting the file
- RAM or Disk memory issue
Below are the solutions outlined to resolve the Archive Header Is Corrupted Unarc.Dll Code 14 error while installing.
How To Fix Corrupted Unarc.Dll Code 14 Error?
The Unarc.Dll file is crucial to the smooth and complete installation of the software.
1. Scan Now Unarc.Dll File In The System
First, you need to scan your Unarc.dll file since the file is is a vital component in installing any software.
- Type CMD in the search and right-click on the Command Prompt icon
- Run the CMD file as administrator
- Type the following comment
- regsvr32 Isdone.dll
- regsvr32 unarc.dll
- sfc /scannow
Wait until the verification process to complete 100%. You will get a message that your file has been broken and verified.
After completing the verification, try to install the application file.
2. Delete The Temporary Data From Your Pc
If the setup cannot write the temporary file, it cannot proceed with the other installation. It is important to have enough storage to install an error-free application.
Clear your disk memory and Temp files, and try installing the software if it throws error code 14.
Free up your disk space by deleting unwanted files in your system.
To delete temporary data.
- Open run Command box, Type the following.
- First Type “temp” in the Input run command box and click Ok.
- Click OK if it asks for Administrator permission.
- Then Select all and Press Shift+delete to delete all the files permanently.
- Second again, type “%temp%” and press Shift+Delete to clear all files permanently.
- Third, type “prefetch” in the input run command.
- Select continue to access the folder and delete all the files permanently by pressing the shift+delete button from the keyboard.
- Now open the File Explorer and right-click on the Network option in the left pane.
- Select properties and then click on Internet Option at the bottom of the screen on the left panel.
- Click on Settings from the General tab and Tab on View files.
- Select all and delete all the files from the opened window.
Now all the temporary files have been cleared.
So you can install the file successfully, if the issue is in writing the temporary file while installing the software package.
3. Downloading Missing Unrcl.Dll Files In Your Pc
The error appears if the unrcl.dll component is missing from your system.
Download the component file and install it.
You can download the file here.
After downloading the Zip file, extract it with the help of 7zip, WinRAR, or any other software.
Then place the unarc.dll file in the directory C:/Windows/System32 or C:/Windows/SysWOW64.
Now restart your computer.
Clearing temp files will also help you increase the disk space level.
Now install the file and check if the error resolves.
4. Clean Disk Space In Your PC To Increase Memory
Cleaning the disk will eradicate all the shadow files from the entire system.
If you perform the clean disk, it isn’t easy to recover any previously deleted files that you need in the future.
Also, your stored restored point will also remove from your PC.
- Open File Explorer and right-click on any disk except C.
Because performing a Clean disk on C might affect PC performance since it holds the entire OS and Applications.
- Right-Click on the disk you want to clean and Click on Properties.
- Click on Disk Clean up
- Click on the More options tab and again on Clean up in System Restore and shadowed copies.
- Click OK.
You can also use third-party software such as CC cleaner to remove the temporary files and cached memories in the system.
Now try to install the software package that throws the error previously and see if the error is gone.
5. Disable Windows Defender Setting Or Antivirus Program Temporarily
You know the windows defender and the antivirus program performs automatic clean-up in the back end if it finds any file.
They delete the files because, due to some reason, the files doesn’t meet the required policies.
Disable the windows defender setting and Antivirus program until the installation is completed.
6. Install The Software In Different Partitions
There might be an issue with the partition you install in the software package. By default, all the files will be installed in the C-disk.
Most of the time, you will be asked to confirm the program’s path during installation.
Just change the directory to D or E and continue the installation.
Now you can install the application without any error.
7. Run File On Different Compatibility Mode
Still, if you encounter the unrc.dll code-14 error, try changing the Compatibility mode.
First, you need to download the package.
- Right-click on the extension file and Go to properties.
- Under the compatibility section,
- Check mark Run this program in compatibility mode and select Windows 7 from the drop-down list.
Changing the compatibility mode to windows 7 will fix the error, and you can install the required software package successfully.
8. Install The Application Via Safe Mode
If still, the error persists then Shutdown your PC and restart with safe mode by enabling the network.
In safe mode, only the critical component in the OS will run. The system automatically disables other dependencies and start up programs.
To power on with safe mode, follow the guide below
- Press the Windows + R from the keyboard
- Type msconfig in the Open box and then select OK
- Select the Boot tab from the opened window
- Under Boot options, mark the Safe boot check box and enable the network radio button.
- Now shut down and ReBoot your system.
- The system will Boot in Safemode.
Try installing the software if it is installed successfully.
Then it would help to uninstall unwanted applications from your system to boost performance.
If none of the above methods works, then there might be an issue with the downloaded source file.
Download the file from an alternative source and try to install it. You never see the issue again.
Always try to download from the official link; otherwise, you might get unwanted issues like “Archive Header Is Corrupted Unarc.Dll Code 14.”