If your Apple ID has been disabled, you will not be able to log in to the Apple store, iTunes, or your other Apple accounts.
If your Apple account has been disabled, one of the prime reasons for it might be that you have entered the wrong password multiple times.
If that is the case, Apple blocks you out of your account to protect your security.
This security measure has been taken by Apple to maintain the privacy of your account and to make sure that your account is not being misused.
We have discussed the issues and the fixes for getting your account back from Apple in the following sections of this article.
Keep reading to learn more about this problem.
Why Is The Apple Account Disabled?
You might see the account disabled alert message while entering the Apple store or iTunes.
There are multiple reasons why your Apple account might be disabled, but one of the top reasons is that you have entered the wrong password way too many times.
The app will only give you a limited number of chances before locking you out of your account.
As we have previously mentioned, this is a security measure taken by Apple support.
Here is a list of other reasons why you might be blocked out of your Apple account:
- If you had previously signed in for a relatively shorter period of time, it might be possible that your session has expired, and now you are signed out of your account.
- Another valid reason might be that you have a pending bill for your account. You haven’t cleared the payment subscription for an Apple account which is why you are signed out of your account, or your account has been disabled.
- Also, if you try to log in to your Apple account using multiple devices, the Apple security might take you for a hacker or an infiltrator. As a result of which, your Apple account might get disabled.
- And, you might be in legal trouble for disputing charges related to your Apple account. As a minimum punishment, you will be logged out of your Apple account. Also, your account might get disabled.
How To Fix “Apple Support Account Disabled”?
Here are a few common fixes for getting your account back from Apple:
Method 1: Change Apple Password
1. Reset Your Password Via Apple Support
There are two different ways to reset your Apple password; one of those is to reset your password via Apple online support.
Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the website for resetting your Apple password at – https://iforgot.apple.com
- Next, you have to enter your Apple ID on the website and hit the Continue option.
- Enter the phone number that you use for your Apple account and click on the Continue option.
- Finally, follow the prompts and steps mentioned on the website, and you will be able to reset your Apple password.
2. Reset The Password For Your Apple ID
By following this method, you can change the password for your Apple ID by using your iPhone:
- Head to the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Next up, hit the name banner on top of your screen.
- Scroll down to Password and Security and click on it.
- Hit the Change Password option and enter the password of your choice. Follow the further steps mentioned on your screen to save your changed password.
Method 2: Sign Off And Sign-In Later
This can also fix the issues with your disabled Apple ID; just follow the steps mentioned below:
- Launch the Settings app on your device.
- Hit the name banner on top of your screen.
- Scroll to the bottom of your screen and select the Sign out option.
- Enter the password for your Apple ID and hit the Turn off option.
- Hit the Sign out option twice in the dialogue box to confirm.
Method 3: Reach Out To Apple Support
If you are unable to fix issues related to your disabled Apple account, then the last resort would be to reach out to Apple support.
Head over to https://support.apple.com/en-in, and you will find a section dedicated to fixing Apple ID-related issues.
You can chat with the Apple bot or call an Apple representative and try to communicate your issues as clearly as possible.
If your Apple ID has been disabled for any of the above-mentioned reasons, you can try and reset your Apple ID password through https://iforgot.apple.com or through your iPhone.
Keep in mind that your identity is protected by Apple even if you are logged out of your account.
Your last resort can be to contact Apple ID online support.
Chat with the online bot or Apple assistant and get your issue fixed at the latest.