You might be aware of the fact that Groww is the largest platform for investing in stocks and mutual funds.
If you are not interested anymore in investing in the stock market or you are bored of using the Groww app, you can delete the account.
Groww app provides the facility to delete the account permanently when you want.
You can easily close the account by following some steps.
How To Delete Groww Account?
Steps to Delete Groww Account:
Step 1: Firstly, you have to download the Groww Account Closure form from the Groww website or Groww app or directly as mentioned below.
Step 2: You will have to fill in all the details in the form including Client Id, the reason for cancellation, etc.
Step 3: After completing the form, you have to submit the form to the Groww head office.
Step 4: Within 10-12 business days of submission, your account will be closed.
Groww Account Closure Form
You will get the Groww Account closure form online by following the below steps-
- Directy download Groww account closurre form as above or Open your application and log in using your credentials.
- Now go for your profile section, ‘You’.
- Then you need to scroll down and select the ‘Help and Support’ option.
- On the next screen, switch to the search bar. And search ‘ I want to close my Demat account’.
- You will be taken to the page where below there will be an option of ‘Demat Closure form’. You have to tap on the option and download it.
Other steps of downloading the Groww Account closure form are below-
- You have to visit the Groww application.
- Then select the ‘contact us’ on the app and tap the mail icon there.
- Now you have to jot down a mail mentioning your reason for closing the Demat account.
- The customer support will send you a mail or SMS. They will share the link for downloading the Groww Account closure form.
After downloading the Groww account closure form via any of the above processes.
You need to go through the below steps-
- Fill in all the necessary details in the form like your client Id, name, address, and your reason for closing the account.
- You need to submit the form to the Groww head office after completion.
- Your account will be closed within 10-12 working days.
Groww Account Closure Charges
While closing your Groww account, you don’t have to pay anything either in downloading the form or in submitting the form to the branch head office.
If someone asks you to pay, be careful and complain to the branch office.
Things To Do Before Closing The Groww Account
You should be conscious about the following things while closing your Groww Account-
- Before closing your Groww account, you must sell or transfer all of your available balance.
- If there is a negative cash balance on the account, it must be resolved before the closure request is submitted.
- You must be cautious when filling out the form’s details. Because any incorrect entry can result in your account being closed.
Difference Between Demat Account and Trading Account
Demat Account: Benefits, Aims And Objectives
Difference Between Stock And Share
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Delete My Groww Account Online?
No, you cannot delete your Groww account online.
You have to download the Groww account closure form either from the website or the app.
Further by filling in all the necessary details, you need to submit the form to the branch head office.
How Do You Get Money From Your Groww Balance?
You must first log in to Groww and then select ‘You.‘ Then go to your ‘Groww balance’ and click ‘Withdraw.’ You have to enter the amount you are withdrawing and press the ‘Withdraw’ button.
Within 24 hours, the withdrawn funds will be credited to your account.
Is It Possible To Transfer Shares From One Groww Demat Account To Another?
After you’ve opened your Groww Demat account, you can transfer shares from another Demat account.
It is possible to transfer from other brokers’ Demat accounts to Groww using the off-market transfer process.