Bank of Baroda is one of the most popular banks with its departments found all over India. Like every other bank, the Bank of Baroda also provides its users with multiple facilities like easy deposit, easy withdrawal, a satisfactory interest, works for both cash and cheque, online transactions, and many other facilities that can keep its users satisfied.
But still, there can be various reasons that someone can come up with and might want to close their bank account. Reasons like some sort of personal misunderstanding or disputes, or maybe poor bank facility, or maybe unsatisfied customer care or various other things. For that matter, there are some basic procedures and criteria for closing one’s bank account in the Bank of Baroda.
Steps to be followed for closing your Bank of Baroda bank account
So here, in a systematic way, this article is articulated precisely by mentioning the method in easy language through which one can understand, follow, and implement. Therefore, the steps to close your Bank of Baroda bank account are mentioned below –
- Step #1: Once you have decided and assured to close your Bank of Baroda bank account, the first thing you are supposed to do is to reach the home branch of the particular bank.
Reaching the home branch, you’ll be asked to provide your requirements for closing your account to the help desk of the bank.
- Step #2: The bank official in charge will hand over a bank account closure form to you on your visit to their bank branch. The bank account closure form can be taken directly from the bank branch or, you may also download the account closure form from the official website of the Bank of Baroda.
- Step #3: Receiving the account closure form either offline or online mode, you will be asked to fulfill the required information in the space mentioned there in the form itself. Information about yourself, like – account holder’s name, account holder’s phone number, account number, and other information if there’s more.
You will be asked to inform the bank official that by what method you would withdraw your account deposit. You may withdraw it either in cash or cheque or can make a transaction of the amount to another bank.
Make sure to fill each blank very carefully and also cross-check the details or information you provided. Then you are supposed to give signatures wherever asked.
- Step #4: After completing the above-mentioned process, you have to surrender your passbook, cheque book, and your debit card along with your account closure form.
You also have to provide your identity proof and address proof to your bank branch, to the officials in charge.
- Step #5: Once you are done with the form filling procedure and submitted everything along with your documents and surrendered cheque book and passbook, the bank will handle the process further for the closure of your current account.
- Step #6: After the successful closure of your bank account, you will get the information about this on your registered phone number. After which, the account holder will surely get the remaining amount deposited in their bank account, which can be withdrawn by the method mentioned in the account closure form.
Note – If you face any kind of difficulty in the process of your account closure, do not delay and directly connect with the Bank of Baroda branch. Their helpline number is 1800 102 4455, you can directly contact them.
A quick look at the points mentioned above for a quicker understanding:
- Visit the Bank of Baroda home branch and get the account closure form of the bank account. You may also download the online form mode.
- Fulfil every detail asked in the account closure form, which probably asks your account number, the account holder name, phone number, etc.
- Cross-check every detail and make sure to give signatures wherever asked.
- Mention the way by which you want to withdraw your account amount.
- Surrender your passbook, cheque book and debit cards along with the closure form. Give your identity and address proof with other documents.
- Bank will take the closure process further, and you’ll be informed about the closure of your account once it’s done.
- Withdraw your amount then from your account in the method you prefer.
Things keep in mind before closing the Bank of Baroda Bank account
- Withdrawal the amount that’s present in your Bank of Baroda account, which you want to close.
- Before you close your current account in the bank, make sure to open another account in any other bank. By doing so, it will be easier for you to make a bank money transaction.
- Clear all your previous dues (if you have any) to avoid the complications that might take place.
- Delink the cards from the automation payment.
- Keep an e-statement of your bank account as it can be asked at several moments.
Bank of Baroda Account Closure Form
One can simply visit the official website of the Bank of Baroda and get the account closure form. Alternatively, you can download the Bank of Baroda account closure form from its official site.
Bank of Baroda Account Closing Charges
If the account that you want to close was opened 14 days ago, then the bank is not going to charge you anything for the closure of your account. And if the account closure procedure takes place after 14 days or so, then a sum of INR 200 along with some extra charge is considered. With the extended time, the amount of the closure is increased.
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens if the money deposited in a Bank of Baroda account is less than the minimum amount?
In cases like this, the bank will ask you for a maintenance fee, and this might turn troublesome for you.
Can I apply for my account closure without visiting the Bank of Baroda branch?
No, not at all. It is a must to visit the home branch of the bank physically for closing your account.
Is it essential to maintain a minimum amount in the Bank of Baroda?
Yes, of course, it is. If you fail to maintain the minimum amount, the bank will penalize you.
Can one close their account in the Bank of Baroda through net banking?
No. It is mandatory to visit the bank physically.
Can I close my account in the Bank of Baroda with a negative balance?
That is something going to bring up various problems for you to face. If your account has a negative balance, the bank will not allow you to close the account.
Is it possible to close the account of Bank of Baroda online?
Not at all. A physical visit to the bank is mandatory.
Are KYC documents required for closing the account in the Bank of Baroda?
Yes, and along with the KYC documents, it is important to carry identity proof and account closure documents.
How can I get my amount back after closing my account in the Bank of Baroda?
You will be provided with multiple options for withdrawal of your money. You may take it in cash, cheque, or make a transaction.
Can I close my Bank of Baroda account before a year?
Yes, with which there is some amount to be paid.
What if I fail to pay my negative amount to the bank?
Because of this, you may fall into deeper holes, the bank may take legal action against you, and such complicated situations will create obstacles for you while you open a new account.