If you are a newcomer to the cryptocurrency platform and just getting started- Trust Wallet is one of the most popular wallet applications globally. It works on a wide variety of platforms and is connected to nearly every centralized exchange in the industry. The application is filled with features and is a highly secure way to send and receive cryptocurrencies.
This article will learn about the Trust Wallet application and how it works to create crypto wealth.
What is Trust Wallet?
Trust Wallet is a decentralized crypto wallet that helps users manage multiple crypto keys. Here are some of the key features that define Trust Wallet-
- Trust Wallet is an application designed by DApp to make trading easy.
- No singular authority owns the funds and user information of Trust Wallet Users.
- It is a hot wallet application connected to the internet for easy crypto transfer.
- Trust Wallet has a browser to enable and DApp web applications
- It has inbuilt Pancake Swap and Decentralized exchanges (DEX) for easy swapping of cryptocurrency
How Does Trust Wallet Work?
- Trust Wallet is designed to simplify sending, receiving, and managing cryptocurrency. It works as a bridge between the wide variety of blockchain ledgers and connections.
- Trust Wallet has a policy of decentralization and does not hold any cryptocurrency on its servers. The Wallet application provides its users to simply access and manage crypto finances.
- The application is completely free to download, and the DApp does not profit from it. Any transaction and gas fees charged to users are directly transferred to miners.
- The Wallet application allows you to manage multiple wallets from which you send and receive crypto. Trust Wallet application provides other crypto-based financial services such as trading, staking, and swapping.
- The DApp application platform further expands the platform features using web applications.
How Do You Make Money From Trust Wallet?
Trust Wallet provides numerous ways to make passive income through the cryptocurrency platform; here are just some of the services they provide-
- Staking: The practice of staking is placing your crypto wealth into an account that provides interest in crypto. There is proof that stake mechanisms in the blockchain system help secure and verify networks. As a reward, the validators are rewarded with a block of cryptos.
You can stake the following cryptocurrencies in the Trust Wallet application-
Tron, Kava, Algorand, Cosmos, Tezos, and BNB
- DeFi Lending: Trust Wallet supports popular DeFi lending and includes Aave or Compound. They are similar to traditional financial lending, with the key difference being decentralized networks and cryptocurrency.
- Automated Market Makers (AMMs): You can also use Trust Wallet to earn passive income through the use of automated market makers (AMMs). Users can earn a share of trading fees and governance tokens for adding liquidity to trading networks. Trust Wallet supports Uniswap, one of the largest AMM providers.
- Yield Farming: This form of trading is extremely risky and provides a higher yield rate in the market. It is the process of staking cryptos to earn a liquidity pool and staking an additional yield into the market on top of pool fees.
- NFT Farming: Like any other form of yield farming, it requires staking NFT instead of cryptocurrency. To access NFT farming, you can use DApp apps and connect them to Trust Wallet.
Note: It is highly risky, so be aware of the risks involved in NFT farming.
Also Read: Trust Wallet Transaction History
What are The Benefits of Trust Wallet?
There are various benefits of Trust Wallet that users get to enjoy by using the application-
- Easy trading on the go- Using Trust Wallet, you can immediately send and receive cryptocurrency to anyone, anywhere around the globe.
- Highly Secure-Trust Wallet is highly secure because of its decentralized nature, phrase security features, and two-factor authentication features.
- Swapping features- With Trust Wallet, you can swap using Pancake Swap and a Decentralized Exchange(DEX) to swap tokens with other users.
- DApp features-Additional functionalities can be enabled using the DApp inbuilt browser to extend capabilities.
- Wide industry support- Trust Wallet is compatible with almost every major centralized exchange and supports every crypto token available.
How Does Trust Wallet Make Money?
Trust Wallet is largely community-driven and doesn’t earn money from the application or its users. Any transaction and Gas fees charged to users are to support the blockchain platform.
What is Trust Wallet Used For?
Trust wallet is a highly versatile platform that has multiple uses cases for the users to take advantage of-
- Manage and access the public, private keys of multiple wallets
- Send and receive cryptocurrency between different blockchains.
- Swap tokens using a decentralized trading platform
- Create new wallets on the go
- Stake and do yield farming to expand your wealth.
Also Read: How to Secure Trust wallet?
Trust Wallet Hacked
Yes, Trust Wallet can be hacked as it is connected to the internet and is vulnerable to attacks. However, you can set up security protocols to avoid getting your Trust Wallet hacked-
- Set up a security phrase to protect the Trust Wallet account.
- Set-up pin code and another security measure such as Face ID or touch sensor
- Take advantage of the recovery phrase
- Keep a large portion of your assets into a cold wallet application to ensure maximum security
- Set up two-factor authentication for the Trust Wallet application.
Is Trust Wallet Safe?
Yes, Trust wallet is highly secure and follows all the industry-standard encryption protocols to ensure maximum safety. However, to ensure maximum safety for your Trust Wallet, ensure all the security features. Here are some of the security features to make your wallet even more secure-
- Please write down your 12-word security phrase and keep it safely secure.
- Enable pin code functionality and enable other security measures
- Use recovery phrase to ensure maximum security and easy reinstallation of Trust Wallet application.
- Put your cryptocurrency assets in cold wallet storage to avoid online attacks from hackers.
- Add two-factor authentication for the Trust Wallet application.
- Avoid any phishing emails or install any unknown software on your phone.
- Do not get into contact with anyone imitating a Trust Wallet representative.
Is Trust Wallet a Cold Wallet?
No Trust Wallet is a hot wallet application, and users cannot use it offline.
Is there any country-based limitation to Trust Wallet?
No, there’s no geopolitical limitation to the Trust Wallet application’s access. However, if there’s any reason you cannot access it, it could be due to country-based laws and regulations.
Can DEX functionality be used in the IOS Version of the Application?
No, unfortunately, the DEX functionality cannot be used in the IOS version of the Trust Wallet. In the future, however, they might enable the functionality for iPhone users.
You have now learned how Trust Wallet works and its functionality to the users for managing cryptocurrency assets. Get started on the Trust Wallet application by installing it on your Android or IOS platform.
Take advantage of Trust Wallet to easily send, receive and stake your crypto assets with a push of a button.